Glenmoriston Town House
Beaufort Hotel(Inverness)
Redcliffe Hotel(Inverness)
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspiano barthe rivermain buildingno liftlovely hoteleden courta river view roomsmall hotelthe ground floorfull scottishshower roomone night staycomfy bedenjoyable staytown centrecooked breakfastbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Having entered the Loch Ness marathon I was looking for a convenient b&b to stay for one night, but after trying countless places, none were interested in my wife and I only booking for one night.
It was quite by chance that we came across the Glenmoriston on the internet and we are so glad that we did.

The staff throughout the hotel were so friendly and helpful, from reception to restaurant, they couldn't have done more for us.
We arrived early and were told that the room was still occuppied, which we expected as we had got an early plane, but we were allowed to leave our bags in a secure room. The reception staff then suggested walks we could take along the river, or local points of interest.
The room overlooked the river, which was beautiful. Very clean, bed very comfortable and the bathroom was great.

We ate in the Contrast Brasserie in the evening, which is attached to the hotel, and the food was terrific, especially the scallops. I was being affected by the air-con and without asking me the staff obviously noticed this and turned it down.

Even after we checked out, we returned once I had finished the marathon, we were allowed to use the toilets and the staff ordered us a taxi,.

If ever we go back to Inverness, which is not likely, we would definitely use this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2009

When I arrived at the hotel after a long day. The receptionist informed me they had booked me in to another hotel as the room allocated to me had 'plumbing problems'.
The car park was empty, I'm sure another could have been allocated.
The hotel I was allocated to was a bit run down but they gave me the best room they had which I have to say was fantastic and the staff were very pleasant.
I have also heard from another source that the Glenmoriston pull this stunt on a regular basis.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank SanSebastian18
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Stayed here in August for 2 nights. Location and service is great. Staff very pleasant.Our room was very clean, however I was a little disappointed with the interior for a four star hotel. Breakfast excellent. Would probably still stay here again if returning to Inverness because of the location.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Very difficult to get into the bed on one side without banging your head on the wall. We felt this room should have been designated a single room rather than a double. TV signal was flaky, but good internet access. Would not stay again unless we could afford to upgrade to a superior double. The room we were allocated was not 4 star standard. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2009

First, the positives. The hotel is in a great location as you can walk to many restaurants and along the river. The service was top notch. Both the girl at the front desk and the kind man at breakfast were extremely cheerful and helpful and made us feel at home. On the negative side, for the price we had a very average room. I was expecting to have a water view for that price. I think we were put in an older part of the hotel that had not been refurbished as the other photos I've seen look nothing like the room we had. It was warm in the room so we opened the window but some woman was talking very loud for a few hours so we closed the window. This was the most expensive place we stayed in Scotland and was by far the most disappointing....

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple