I stayed at the Glenmoriston for 2 nights at the the start of the week with my boyfriend and I am sorry to say that for the price we paid we were very disappointed with the hotel. On arrival the receptionist was surly and unhelpful and be aware there is no lift in this hotel, so we had to carry our bags to our room, which was thankfully only on the first floor. The standard room was very small with too much large imposing furniture, leaving little room for our suitcases. The bathroom was large but a little bit dated compared to the decor in the bedroom. At night the music from the ridiculously expensive bar downstairs kept me awake as did the creaky corridor outside our room. The breakfast in the morning was very yummy but the service was terrible. There was only one, rather grumpy, waiter for the whole dining room and as a result had to wait too long for our breakfast. Also you have to pay £5 for wireless internet access and the connection is terribly slow. On the upside the location on the banks of the river is lovely. I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here, either stump up some more cash for a good 5* or stay in a Travel Inn, because at least you know what to expect there for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenmoriston Town House Inverness is a stylish four star deluxe property on the banks of the River Ness, perfectly located within the heart of the capital of the highlands it provides an impressive contrast to the cities more traditional hotels. Experience unparalleled luxury in one of our 30 stylish bedrooms, designed with comfort in mind and boasting heavenly beds, delicious duvets, fluffy towels and luxury toiletries not to mention the impeccable service you'd expect! The hotel encompasses the finest in Scottish culture with luxury and style and provides an ideal base for those who wish to explore Scotland's abundance of unique landmarks. The Glenmoriston Town House is conveniently just twenty minutes from Inverness Airport and only ten minutes walk from the city main line station. Great food and wine are very much entwined in the Glenmoriston Town House experience and we offer an exceptional restaurant. For a memorable culinary experience, visit our chic and stylish Contrast Brasserie. In addition, the hotel's destination Piano Bar offers Scotland's finest whiskies from over 250 distilleries and our mixologists are constantly developing the most wonderful cocktails to tantalise even the most demanding taste buds. The Glenmoriston Town House will ensure a quality stay whether business or pleasure. Just over 3 hours from Edinburgh or Glasgow it is the perfect property for any number of occasions, be it family get together, sporting holiday, romantic escape, or just a break away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Glenmoriston Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Town House Hotel Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town Hotel
- Glenmoriston Town Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town House Inverness, Scotland