Let me first of all speak about the very positive things in this hotel:-
• The Staff, The Staff and the Staff. Everyone was friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble for them- no matter who they were or what we wanted
• The rooms We saw quite a few rooms (more about this later later) and each room was ultra spacious (our first had two massive queens beds and the final one had two massive single beds)) and they were all immaculate. The bathrooms were pristine with a great supply of toiletries and towels that were large, fluffy and sparkling white. Each room came with extras that sometimes you are struggling to find in 5 star establishments and included free use of a safe that was simplicity itself to set, an umbrella should the weather turn inclement, a trouser press, an iron and ironing board , a coffee/tea tray with ample sugar, milk, biscuits etc and even some delicious sweets.
• We only ate breakfast in the hotel and some previous reviewers seemed to find problems with the selection etc.. All I can say is we found a myriad of hot very tasty items along with cold meat cheese etc. In addition there was a wide variety of bread items (rolls etc) and also cereals. Comment has been made that you had to make your own coffee/tea but this was a positive thing as far as we were concerned as we were able to get it exactly as we liked it. Comment has also been made about making your own toast but this only took a minute or two and again you were able to get as much as you want and could go back for fresh hot toast
• The only downside we had was the first room we were allocated (Room 218) was above the platform of the railway station and about 3 a.m.on the first night a diesel engine started up under the window and continued to drone/rumble on for hours causing the windows of the room to vibrate. Try as much as we could we could not get back to sleep and about 6 AM. I went and explained the problem to the night porter (an absolute gem of a man). He allowed us to look into a couple of other rooms but again we could still hear the drone of the engine and eventually we found the perfect quiet room in room 204 where we remained for the rest of our stay (this is the reason I can speak with authority about the fantastic quality of the rooms in the hotel)
• Apart from the noise in the first room we can say nothing but good things about this hotel and we are in hotels about 50 nights per year all over the world and this one particularly for staff has all the rest beat.
Thanks staff and management and we will be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Highland Hotel is the oldest hotel in the centre of the Highland capital, Inverness. In 2000, the property was carefully restored, retaining its unique character associated with the bygone age. As soon as you enter the hotel you will appreciate this. In the foyer the grand staircase, the inspiration for the Titanic's staircase, leads to the 84 spacious refurbished bedrooms - all with very high ceilings. The decor is rich with traditional furniture and deep colours. The rooms all have soft furnishings and antique style furniture. The excellent bathrooms are generally medium to large in size. For over 151 years, the hotel has been looking after travellers from all over the world. Perhaps its popularity stems from the fact the hotel is a grand place to stay. Large bedrooms, large lounge areas, quiet meeting rooms, good food, prime location and friendly staff all play their part. All local amenities close to hand, but within a 5 minute drive you are out into the dramatic Highlands. Lochness is only 7 miles from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Highland Inverness
- Hotel Royal Highland
- Royal Highland Hotel Inverness, Scotland