We dined in this hotel July 2011 and were so impressed we decided to book a room for my husbands 50th birthday. We booked in January and stayed in August. On arrival we were placed overlooking the car park which wasn't the problem just the early morning deliveries waking you up very early! The waiting at meals and at the bar happened frequently (they must be very short staffed). My husband went to get a drink one night and was 15 minutes apparently the staff went to take a call and left him there. At breakfast you had to wait to be seated but the member of staff didn't even acknowledge you until they had finished writing. I overheard them critising other guests. My husband one morning asked to swap tomatoes or mushrooms for Haggis the member of staff asked which one my husband responded I don't mind, her reply was well its your breakfast!
We spend a lot of time travelling in the U.K and have always been treated courtiously and have never given a bad review but we felt so let down for what we had so looked forward too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully and centrally located on the river Ness banks, The Waterside Hotel offers comfortable accommodation, very friendly staff and outstanding cuisine. Management at staff will help you plan your stay in Inverness making sure you make the best of your stay in the capital of the Highlands. Inverness city centre, Eden Court Theatre, Saint Andrews Cathedral and The Ness Islands are all within 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Loch Ness is 8 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Hotel Inverness
- The Waterside Hotel Inverness, Scotland