“well looked after!”

The Waterside Hotel
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 1 October 2012

booked a table for my wifes birthday for ten of us and had a fantastic night ! the food was beautifull and there was'nt a complaint about anything especial the staff who were all warm and freindly! definaitly be back very soon so much more we would like to try on the menu!! thankyou to all !

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed at the Waterside on the night of the 24th Sep 2012. When I entered my room 115 I found the heating was not on, I was informed that it was set to come on at 6.00pm, though the heating did not come on at all.
The next morning no heating and no hot water at all, I spoke to a lady on reception who seemed total unsurprised or interested and offered no apology.
It is a shame as the hotel tries its best and the menu is quite good, they really need to sort out some of their staff, plus the heating system. Won’t stay again, they need to recognise that there is choice out there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Waterside1819, General Manager at The Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear Hugh

Unfortunately we did experience a pump filter problem with the hot water supply which was brought to our attention at 8 am on the morning of your check out. A plumber was called immediately and the system fixed by 10.15 am however I realise this was too late for you.

You were correctly informed the heating is set to come on at 6 pm until 10.30 am in the month of September.The heating system is operated by a computer panel which takes the outside temperature into consideration with the inside and also the temperature requested.

I must apologise for the Receptionist appearing to be not surprised/interested at the desk however I do note she made a reduction to your account for the inconvenience cause.

Unfortunately technical problems with heating we cannot avoid however the attitude of the staff is definitely something we can review. My staff are more often praised for their attentive service, an attribute we will definitely be nurturing.

I hope this unfortunate incident will not stop you from using The Waterside Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Gill Omand

Reviewed 24 September 2012

After a long drive I was delighted to find this gem of an independent hotel set in a fabulous spot with very comfortable and fashionable surroundings with attentive, friendly staff. The atmosphere was intriguing and convivial with an assortment of guests from walkers, city goers, romantic couples, singles and folders. Lovely restaurant with superb view even on a dark, wet night. Great breakfast to be sent off with. If in area again will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The gym room appeared to have some very fancy equipment. My room was in the hotel adjacent which was...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had booked a twin room and were delighted with our room, which was actually two rooms so it may have been a family suite, both rooms had lovely views of the river Ness. The rooms were joined by a hallway but only accessed by one main door into the rooms so we had plenty of space and even big enough for four adults one of the rooms also had a sofa. The breakfast was good plenty of choices cold and cooked. We had our evening meal there both nice also which was very well cooked that's why we decided to go back on the 2nd night. There was a music concert across the river till 9.30 pm which was very loud but didn't bother us, and the hotel had a sign up letting us know about the noise. If I return to Inverness I would certainly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This hotel is in a great spot right by the river in the city centre. We got a river view room which was really nice, decent size and nicely furnished. We did get a great rate as we just turned up with no booking.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This hotel is right by the river ness within easy walking distance of some great restaurants (Rocopool being one) and the city centre.

Rooms are cheap, clean and comfortable with TV's, Iron & board, hair dryers, toiletries, plenty of towels and good beds.

Breakfast is very good with a choice of eggs, porrige, kippers, full scottish, toast cerials, fresh fruits, juices tea & coffee, all are of a good standard.

I stay here the most and come to Inverness once per month

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This hotel is very central, just 10 minutes away from train station by walking,located on the side of the river.The view is wonderful ,so you can sit in the hotel's garden all day and watch the river running.But the room and bathroom conditions are moderate,the furnishment would be better.But at the end, I recommend this hotel, even only for its beautiful landscapes.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple