Stayed at the Waterside hotel for 2 nights, we were in room 040 in the Felstead Townhouse next door, the room is located at the back of the house without any view and although the room was small, it was clean and well equipped with a reasonably comfortable if firm bed. Very small bathroom but good shower. There was a little overhead noise from the floor above but nothing intrusive. Breakfast was without doubt the highlight of the stay, large and hearty portions of good quality produce more than adequately sets you up for the day. The staff were all friendly and helpful, the exception being breakfast on Sunday morning which was chaotic and disorganised the serving team appeared to be overstretched and unable to deliver as good a service as the day before, they forgot my mushrooms, we had to ask for butter twice, we never got toast that was ordered, can only hope it was a one off. We ate off the a la carte menu on Friday night the food and service on the whole was good but I was really disappointed in my venison dish which was one of the most expensive items on the menu, the meat was tasteless, under seasoned and overcooked. I know I should have complained but we had already found shards of glass on the table and we didn't want to be that couple who complained about everything, having said that this is a personal thing and nothing to do with the staff who were all great. We enjoyed our stay and will book again if we can get a room with a view next time and would certainly recommend this hotel to our friends. Liked Best - great location, walking distance to lots of shops, bars & restaurants, lovely conservatory restaurant with great view of the river Liked least - not a great view from room 040, bar prices as is typical in hotels is too high and just resulted in us drinking elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully and centrally located on the river Ness banks, The Waterside Hotel offers comfortable accommodation, very friendly staff and outstanding cuisine. Management at staff will help you plan your stay in Inverness making sure you make the best of your stay in the capital of the Highlands. Inverness city centre, Eden Court Theatre, Saint Andrews Cathedral and The Ness Islands are all within 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Loch Ness is 8 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Hotel Inverness
- The Waterside Hotel Inverness, Scotland