This place was one of the stranger places I've stayed in. I booked it because I liked its riverside location, it was recently renovated, and it had great rates. It's also got character--it's not a big, soulless corporate chain. Although, as I found out, at least you know what you're getting into with the corporate chains! The day we checked in, there was a big party going on in their dining room. We were told that our room would be right over all the ruckus, which was scheduled to go on until midnight. We were asked whether we wanted to take a room in the annex next door. We asked whether the rooms were of the same quality as those in the main building, and we were reassured that they were, in fact, superior. However, I have to say I disagree. The rooms weren't unacceptable, but they definitely were bizarre. To get to them, you walk outside and enter an unlabeled house. Then you climbed to the third floor, as there is no lift. Normally, I don't care, but we had luggage to contend with. The room itself was spacious enough, but there was almost NO LIGHTS! There were some weak lamps, but they weren't up to the task of illuminating the vast space. The mattress and bedding were on the sparse, utilitarian side. And the bathroom was STRANGE. The bath tub was elevated off the ground so that you had to really strain to climb into it. We're average sized people in average shape, so this is not a problem with body habitus... but we definitely were careful not to slip! And then the shower mechanism itself was weird, too. There was very little water pressure, and there wasn't quite a shower curtain. More like some weird glass panel thing that was hard to navigate around. But everything was clean and functional, so all in all, we were satisfied. Maybe if you could, try to get a room in the main complex, not the annex!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully and centrally located on the river Ness banks, The Waterside Hotel offers comfortable accommodation, very friendly staff and outstanding cuisine. Management at staff will help you plan your stay in Inverness making sure you make the best of your stay in the capital of the Highlands. Inverness city centre, Eden Court Theatre, Saint Andrews Cathedral and The Ness Islands are all within 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Loch Ness is 8 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, HRS, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Hotel Inverness
- The Waterside Hotel Inverness, Scotland