“Good Location”

Mercure Inverness Hotel
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions because this is where my work book me in and they pay for my stay and dinner. I find the the hotel fine, the rooms are clean, the staff are decent and the location is excellent for bars and nightlife. The one thing that does really disappoint me about this hotel is their food.
I have dined here several times again because it is booked through my work and not once have I had a dinner I would give pass marks too. I now just go to the local restaurants and pay out of my own pocket because the food is that bad.
So good location but pretty awful food.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am glad that you enjoy most aspects of your stays with Mercure Inverness. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your food comments with you, please contact my Operations Manager, Suzan Latto during your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Inverness Hotel

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed there, 16th February on Business and was great to get it for only £52 as the price fluctuates greatly. The rooms are great and quite modern however they can be cold so leave your heating on as long as you can. I did buy the special offer of internet access and all movies but at £19.99 total rip off. To start with My laptop on a dongle worked faster than their so called High Speed Broadband which uses a cable! soooooo slow. Then the movies, I started watching Sherlock homes and right up to the end almost 20 mins to go the screen freezes and locks, all attempts to stop restart did nothing, then I decided to watch Nicholas Cage movie Justice and what happens 10 mins before the end.......same thing! I complained but nothing could be done. Thankfully the £19.99 was removed from my bill in morning. As was the £13 THIRTEEN POUNDS for breakfast in the morning which I hadnt ordered but waqs still on my bill. I mean £13 for something which you get in ASDA or TESCO for £4.....come on Mercure!!
Lastly in the morning trying to have a shower you are presented with the Shower game of how to get warm water......20 mins and even then I could not get a shower as the adjustment was through taps etc and the bath......YUK have a look at the pic I have added. Bathrooms are 1950's and although smart the bedrooms are very 90's.

It is a good hotel with good facilities but hey it needs revamped big time.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms are good, you can get a small suite for not much more if you ask.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I appreciate your comments and as you may have noticed we have started carrying out work to update the Hotel by replacing our windows. We do have a large list of planned refurbishment and hopefully you will notice the improvments on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Too noisy . Pool n gym not very clean. Overall too pricey for what it is

• Stayed: February 2012
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you were not entirely happy with your stay. We are constantly working to improve the Hotel and I take your feedback on board.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

This hotel was nice. The room was clean. The only problem I had was with the internet. It didn't work in the room and the front desk sent me to different internet cafes. No one told me there was a pay to use desktop in the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2012
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review after your stay in Mercure Inverness, I am sorry that there was confusion over the internet availability.
I appreciate your comments and will share them with our team.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

This is no palace but is a nice place and is perfectly functional. Its city centre location makes it ideal for exploring on foot but comes with the disturbances you'd expect from the main street.

The leisure facilities are OK with a reasonable pool but the place looks like it's being spruced up a bit under the new Mercure brand so I expect it will get better.

Breakfast was excellent and I'll stop here next time I'm in town.

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your comments and as you noticed we are under going some changes within the Hotel. We are currently replacing the windows in the Hotel and have a further list of improvments in the planning stage, I hope you will notice the improvements on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

On the positive side, our room was clean and spacious with a good view over the river. The location is good - close to shops etc.
On the negative side, we stayed on a Sunday for 1 night to celebrate our anniversary. When we checked in I asked if it was necessary to book a table in the restaurant and was told that it wasn't because the hotel was quiet, but when we went down for dinner we were told that the restaurant was closed but we could eat the same food in the bar. So we had our anniversary celebration in the bar with 2 large TV screens set on a sports channel (there were guests at 3 or 4 other tables - all male and many avidly watching the TVs so we didn't feel that we could suggest they be turned off). Not quite the romantic setting we'd envisaged!!
Drinks were expensive but our meal was fine - my portion was a bit small, but it was more than made up for by my partner's which was a generous substitute for his 1st choice which wasn't available.
However, we overheard a prize excuse from the barman/waiter serving the closest table to ours after they'd been waiting some time for their food. Having apologised a couple of times for the delay, he told them that it was because the chef had run out of whatever it was they'd ordered and it was taking longer than expected to defrost some more!! At least he was honest - if a bit clueless!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back overlooking the river - and ask if the restaurant is open if this is impo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Mercure Inverness. We appreciate all feedback and will use your review to improve our service, I am sorry that our Restaurant was closed during your stay.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at the Mercure Inverness between Christmas and New Year and had a lovely relaxing time. I enjoyed the pool and we found the room very comfortable, with all we wanted in terms of TV, coffee and tea etc and the view from the window was great - the River Ness, part of the town beyond, and in the distance the snow- dusted mountains. The Mercure is very central, close to the railway station( we travelled by car this time but have found proximity to the station very convenient on other visits) and the shopping centres, which had sales on :) Love a shop called East, I always manage to find unusual necklaces there.
The hotel staff, as always, were charming.

Room Tip: A room on the river side will give you a good view, but in summer the seagulls do get noisy very ear...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the local shopping facilities and took advantage of some of the great sales!
We hope to welcome you back to the Mercure Inverness in the future.