“Perfect Wedding, with proficient,professional and friendly staff and highly commendable food”

Mercure Inverness Hotel
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We held our wedding at The Mercure last week and I have to admit it wasn't our first choice as I am a stickler for top quality, freshly cooked produce and good service but the package price was very attractive.
Our initial meeting with the Events Manager Susan instantly put us at ease as she was incredible friendly but also has a vast depth of knowledge of event planning. We told her we wanted something simple but high quality food and good service were essential and boy did they TOTALLY EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS and more importanly our guest too!
From the moment I arrived at the hotel on the morning of the wedding (along with some of my guests) right until we checked out the following day not a fault could be picked with the hotel or the staff!
The large suite we had was on the top floor, overlooking the river and was immaculately clean and well appointed, as were all of our guests rooms. The reception back into the hotel for ourselves and our guests after the ceremony was beautifully carried out with staff taking time to chat to guests and move within them to give assistance if necessary. This was a godsend to me with ever increasing armfuls of gifts!
We were then shown throw to the restaurant for our meal and I had earlier dropped the table decorations of and the hotel staff had done an absolutely marvellous job of placing all the items with great flair and they looked stunning. The meal itself consisted of tomato and basil soup (even the teenagers raved about it being so tasty), a roast beef dish which was tender and succulent and richly, creamy pannacotta for dessert. The service throughout the meal was very efficient and attentive and the staff obviously are traditionally trained in food service (serving from the right and clearing from left, etc), which just added the icing on the cake for an previously employed hospitality lecturer like me!!
The reception downstairs was absolutely perfect too. Our package had included a dj for the night and he was very astute at catering for the guests as he gave us a variety of options to keep all the generations entertained. This included Karaoke for the children, pop tunes from through the decades and scottish ceilidh music to get my 87 year old father up on his feet. We were then further fuelled by (a very much commented on afterwards by my guests) buffet, which was M&S quality and not the usual wedding buffet at all.
I would just like to express a very massive, hearfelt thanks to all the staff, Kitchen, Waiting, Bar, Reception and Management for being so perfect and giving so many people such a lovely day!!

2  Thank janetsco
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Dear Mr & Mrs!
I am delighted to read your feedback and I am also pleased that you enjoyed your day so much. Suzan and her team take great pride in the service within the Hotel but it is always an honour to be so invloved in someones wedding day. As I am sure you are aware, feedback like you have given is always a boost to the team and lets them know that their efforts have not gone un-noticed.
Suzan tells me that you were a joy to work with from the start and one of the most relaxed Bride & Groom's that she has worked with in a long time! I have shared your review with all our team and I would would like to pass on all our best wishes to you both for a long and happy future together.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect when we arrived outside. It looked like a dodgy apartment block. Once inside I was relieved. The hotel is clean and well presented. They also have a pool although I did not take advantage of this during my stay. My room was clean and comfortable. The only issue I had during my stay was the window in my room. It was not shut properly so the room was quite cold and noisy as the room looks out onto a busy street. There was no handle so I couldn't try and shut the window. The bar in the hotel was really good and the staff were polite and friendly. The hotel is right in the city centre so is good for a spot of retail therapy. There is also a car park at the rear although it is chargeable. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face out onto the Main Street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank InvernessSarah2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Mercure Inverness. I appreciate your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of replacing all the windows in the Hotel and hope to have them all completed in the very near future.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future, maybe next time to will find time to use our leisure facilities.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Very comfortable bed, lovely room. Spa facilities very clean excellent value. Very good location. This hotel is right in the centre of Inverness, I had room with river view so it was not noisy, however the person in the next room was fairly noisy, which made for not that good a sleep, but this was not to do with the room. Food was quite good, I never had breakfast only evening meal. I would stay here again and I would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Jackie1145
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your thoughts with other travellers. I appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, I can only apologise that you were disturbed by another guest within the Hotel. I am glad you found time to use our popular leisure facilities.
I hope that we can welcome you back to Mercure Inverness in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

This is the second time that we have used the Mercure. There were some niggles last year which have been sorted out probably due to room upgrading.

We had a large room overlooking the River Ness and there is now free WiFi. Because of an early departure we ordered room service for breakfast which was excellent.

Room Tip: ask for a river view
1  Thank Yanmike

Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Mercure Inverness. As you have noticed we are in the process of upgrading the Hotel and hope other visitors will also notice these improvments as we make them. Our free wi-fi in all areas of the Hotel has been a popular addition to our services.
I hope we can welcome you back in the near future and you will see our continued efforts around the Hotel.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

This was a two night stay, and also a welcome return to a hotel that we last stayed in 3 years ago. Booking was straightforward, and I would recommend that you telephone the central booking service as you can negotiate a good deal, on the basis that you pay up front, even better than the website prices. The hotel has changed hands since the last time we stayed and we were very warmly welcomed by the receptionist on arrival, which is always a good start, in fact all the staff that we met from the housekeeping to bar/waiting staff were extremely attentive and personable, and seemed to enjoy their roles within the hotel, obviously a good team spirit and harmony exists and there was a genuine and sincere level of service from everybody. We had booked a junior suite and with a river view and top floor room, we certainly appreciated the wonderful views of the City and the River Ness. The room was clean tidy and comfortable, pillows were plentiful and whilst the bathrooms are functional they are a little dated in respect of other hotels you may stay in. We did not eat in the hotel, other than breakfast and again a nice view of the river is another pleasant free extra that you enjoy at the Mercure. The hotel was busy, which is always a good sign, the only down side is perhaps the bar prices which are in reflection of other local establishments on the doorstep a little "pricy" but not prohibitively. We certainly will not be leaving it so long to visit the hotel again, and would recommend on the basis of location, value for money and quality of service. We would congratulate the team on the high standards that they set, I am sure that if the Accor group continue to invest in upgrading the fabric of the hotel, it would be hard to think of anywhere else to stay in Inverness.

1  Thank Steve T
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Mercure Inverness and also for your very kind words about our team. We work very hard to try and ensure that we have the right people in our team, when we get comments like yours then it lets us know that we are getting it right!
I appreciate your thoughts on our bathrooms, we do have a planned programme of investment and hope you will notice these improvments on your next visit.
I look for forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy C
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a business conference and, despite reading some negative reviews, found it to be fine. As advertised, it really is a short walk from the train station – even for me, despite being disabled and walking with a stick, it is literally five minutes straight walk. Check in was easy, quick and efficient, my room was fairly large and was, as promised, a fully accessible room with a large walk in shower. Wifi was free throughout the hotel, including guest rooms, and was easy to navigate; it was a bit slow, but then it was free so can’t complain! The restaurant was closed on the evening I stayed, so dinner was served in the bar; the menu was varied with something for every palate, and the food itself was lovely – a bit pricy for bar food, but portion sizes were generous and none of us left the table feeling hungry. Drink prices were commensurate with any city centre hotel, and service was prompt and friendly.

The bed was not comfortable for me, I prefer a softer mattress than the usual hard, cheap beds normally found in hotels, but the pillows were good and the room was comfortably warm so I slept reasonably well. Breakfast was plentiful, buffet style with lots of choice and a nice view of the river while you ate. Colleagues used the gym and pool facilities and said they were good, if small, clean and well kept. Not perhaps the most luxurious hotel in the city, but certainly a good budget option and handy for shopping as you are right in the heart of the city. Good disabled facilities too, although there were some steps to negotiate entering the conference room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mizliz_uk

Dear Guest
Thank you for writing your informative review of your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, our complimentary wifi is new and we are currently waiting to install fibre optic access which will speed the service up so hopefully if you choose to stay with us again you will notice the differance.