“Great Location Shame About Noise”

Mercure Inverness Hotel
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
glasgow
“Great Location Shame About Noise”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Have stayed here before but after our last stay it will be the last. We got a room facing the street. The noise coming from one of the bars was that bad it felt like the band was in the room with us. That noise started at 3pm and there was still screaming and shouting at 5am from the street. Went to complain and asked to be shifted but hotel was full. We're all ready to leave the next day (we had booked two nights) but the reception offered to move us to the back of the hotel which had just been made vacant and this made such a difference actually got sleep. The rooms get very stuffy as you can't open the windows due to the noise and the bathrooms need updated.I had a room where the enamel was flacking of the bath and the toilet was cracked . The Staff were fantastic and can not be faulted for there professionalism just a shame the hotel is situated on a street filled with bars. It is also quite expensive

Room Tip: Book a room facing the river
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologise that we did not meet our usual standards on this occassion. We are currently waiting for our windows to be replaced on the city side of the Hotel and this will greatly reduce the noise from our city centre location.
I am glad that you found our team to be helpful, I hope we can welcome you back in the near future and you will see the improvments we are making.
Fraser Peterkin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
belfast
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife for four nights at start of July. Our room was a superior double and had a river view. We had been upgraded to this due to an error in their central booking office. The room was spacious and had extra touches such as a separate lounge area with its own tv and a coffee machine. Good clean bathroom and dressing gowns orovided. The major letdown was the buffet breakfast. On the first morning the food was just warm but the plates were stone cold so it wasn't very pleasant. After that I took continental but ny wife gsve the cooked one more go but it was the same. I think if you get up early the plates and food would be hotter but we were on holiday and anyway that should not matter. Location is excellent and hss decent car park, just a pity about the food

• Stayed July 2013
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our Superior rooms.
I appreciate your thoughts on our Breakfast and I have discussed this with our Head Chef, I am sorry that we did not meet our usual high standard on this occassion.
We will use your constructive feedback to improve our service.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Located in the middle of town, I suffered a room overlooking the busy street witnessing entertaining fights and regular use of bad language. Sleeping was difficult due to the street nose, no air con ( yes needed in Scotland sometimes), and eating flushing toilets and peoples' showers. My room had 2 small single beds which had seen better days. On a plus side, the staff were good and breakfast reasonable. I thought it quite an expensive hotel to stay in.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TeamPitts
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations on this occassion. We are working on reducing the noise from our city centre location by installing new windows which are triple glazed.
I appreciate your thoughts and we do use all the feedback to try and improve our service.
Fraser Peterkin

Travellers are raving about these Inverness hotels

Coventry
Reviewed 29 June 2013

On arrival I had a lovely welcome from the Receptionist, my room was ready before normal check in time which was a bonus and I was allowed to check in.
The room matched expectations, very big but needed some tlc, a touch of paint here and there would do. The bath enamel also needs doing but nothing major. The room was located on the street side so a lot of noise from some of the bars but this did calm down at night time, the other side of the hotel overlooking the river would have been better.
Lounge service was great, no issues here. The welcome I received at the gym was nice, however it needs a makeover. I ordered room service, good choice and the food was lovely.
Breakfast was ok.
Not sure if I would return if I was in the area but overall it delivers on most things.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind and constructive review of your recent stay, we do have a rolling programme of maintenance and we have a planned investment into our bathrooms in the near future.
I am glad that we were able to help you get checked in early and I appreciate your feedback, it will be used as we continually try to improve our service and product.