“Very noisy due to poor sound insulation, avoid.”

Mercure Inverness Hotel
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
London, United Kingdom
“Very noisy due to poor sound insulation, avoid.”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotel is immediately opposite several pubs which are very noisy from people shouting during the night. Woken up constantly, avoid staying here on Friday or Saturday nights! The insulation did not help keep out the noise from the streets, the 'acoustic vents' in the windows completely ineffective. No double glazing. Bathrooms very dated, think of 60's or 70's style and you are about right. Staff nice and friendly though.

1 Thank Rob I
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am sorry that your were not completely satisfied with your stay. We have just completed phase 2 of 3 in replacing our windows and they are all double glazed with an acoustic vent as you mentioned. I apologise if you felt this did not help reduce the noise from our city centre and we will of course look into this matter.
I appreciate your feedback on our team and will share this with them.
Fraser Peterkin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

1st stay at this hotel and not particularly impressed. Was woken several times through the night by outside noise(probably revellers leaving a local pub at 3am). Noisy plumbing, poor insulation and at very best - average food. Won,t return.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stewart B
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay, I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay.
We always appreciate the opportunity to make amends and I would be grateful if you would contact us direct and we can discuss this in more detail, my Operations Manager, Suzan Latto, is always available to discuss such issues.
Fraser Peterkin

Travellers are raving about these Inverness hotels

Falkirk
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The room was comfortable and the staff on the front desk were very pleasant. However, the rooms that are advertised as facing the picturesque old town do so over the bins and other mess outside the kitchens. Also, the windows were not double glazed and the noise from shouting drunks leaving the local pub/clubs was ridiculously loud. I could practically hear every word.

Room Tip: Ask to face the river
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We are working to try and reduce the noise experienced from our city centre location and have recently installed new windows with an acoustic vent to reduce noise disturbance.
I appreciate your feedback and we will use this as we continually try to improve our service.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The staff were really friendly and helpful, the rooms were beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was amazing for the money and the location was unbeatable. Only downside was that we could hear the other guests in their room, and bathrooms for that matter, and that blocking out the noise from the street did not work a 100% but still one of the best places we staved at

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the pakring area rather than the streets
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your constructive feedback and we will use this as we work continually try to improve our service.
I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the UK and have a safe journey home.
Leicestershire
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Have recently returned from a stay at this hotel. In the main the hotel is (a) centrally located (b) clean and (c) majority of staff do care about the service they provide. The hotel however is in desperate need of refurbishment as fixtures and fittings are really worn however there are some things management can do to improve this. Throughout my stay curtains were hanging down in the breakfast restaurant which were not repaired, not in my opinion a big job and something which can easily be put right. Perception after all is reality and if they cannot be bothered to repair a curtain what else can they not be bothered about. In addition I did experience attitude from one of the breakfast servers (the old lady with collar length brown hair) who displayed real attitude when I asked to sit next to the widow, despite the restaurant being empty and based on the other mornings attendance, would not fill up in the 30 mins I was there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I appreciate your constructive and honest feedback and we will use this as we contiinue to try and improve our service.
I am sincerely sorry that you encountered issues while staying with us, please be assured that we will rectify these.
Springfield
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had a reservation confirmed and paid for three months in advance of our trip. After 3 1/2 hour train ride we arrived to find out no rooms were available. The staff mumbled a weak "Very sorry, but we have booked you to another hotel." I asked to speak to the manager and she apologized about a computer problem and our reservation had not been confirmed, even though I showed her a printout of payment confirmation. Her response was to hand me a map with the location of the hotel who accepted our reservation. I suggested she get us a cab at no charge and come up with something better as recompensation. She offered one evening meal at the other hotel. I was so disgusted with their total disregard for the inconvenience they caused that I couldn't wait to leave and accepted the offer. Stay away from this place and avoid their incompetency.

Room Tip: Don"t book a room. This place is a waste of your time and money.
1 Thank jl3_73
Dear Guest
Please accept my sincere apologies that we were not able to honour your reservation with us, this was due to a systems error. If you would like to contact my Operations Manager, Suzan Latto, directly at the Hotel we would be more than happy to look at ways of making amends with you.