“Fantastic hotel”

Mercure Inverness Hotel
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have now stayed in this hotel several times, and also attended several functions, I find the staff friendly and efficient, the rooms are spacious and offer excellent value.
Food is value for money with a lovely menu with lots of choices.
I have had a room overlooking the river and also overlooking the street, and have not found that the nise of the street kept me awake
Will stay in this hotel again:)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and also for returning to us! I appreciate your feedback and hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Mother daughter night out in Inverness...Johny Fox then Bar One. Lively but safe feel to the town. Warm evening could have been abroad...except returned to a lovely clean room with quality furnishings!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms to a high standard of cleanliness. Our House Keeping team work extremely hard and will be delighted that you have remarked on their efforts.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The food , the rooms, the sound proofing, in fact pretty much everything about this place is absolutely terrible, it's based on much cheapness whist charging premium rates, avoid like the plague!! I ate in the hotel the first night I was there and was ill all night, which affected me badly for my work the next day, they made a complete mess of my booking all week, and I had to ask to change rooms. Everything is based on cheapness, including the disgusting standard of toilet paper, and considering it costs around £100 per night to stay here, then you'd think that by paying that amount they would at least put the small creature comforts in the room! I definitely won't be back here, the Premier Inn across the water where I stayed the week before is cheaper to stay in, and is a hundred times better!

Room Tip: Don't even call this place, it's tired, dated, and badly run!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mitch1970
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I have to say I am a little disapointed that these issues, in particular your illness, were not highlighted during your 6 night stay with us. From what I can gather your booking was made on 2 separate reservations for differant room types but we did have you allocated to the same room for both bookings. When you approached Reception about a noise issue you were moved to a riverside room and at this time we were not made aware of any other issues. Both reservations were made as per the agents instructions by our reservations team.
I am sorry that you feel we have let you down on this stay, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay and can be contacted direct at the Hotel, Reception will be happy to give you my mobile number or email address. We do have a Guest Care Manager on duty at all times to deal with all guest issues and we always appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues before a guest leaves the Hotel, this is only possible if we are made aware of issues.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel last weekend.I knew it was situated quite centrally and expected some noise at night.However the noise from early evening until 2.30 am was the loudest we had ever heard,even after that there was shouting and singing for another hour or so.It felt like there was a band playing inside our room.We told the receptionist next morning only to be greeted by a shrug of his shoulders and then said it is a city hotel,We also booked this hotel as our daughter was running the marathon so having the spa was going to be ideal.Unfortunately the swimming pool was closed so was really of no use to her whatsoever,what a disappointment.Inverness is a lovely place to visit so please try and visit but do not use this hotel-No Nay Never.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Guest
I am sorry to hear that we let you down on this occasion. Unfortunately our main pump in the swimming pool broke down on Saturday and we were not able to source a replacement until Monday. We did manage to keep the rest of the Health Club open and running but I appreciate your disapointment at the Pool being out of order.
I am sincerely sorry that your complaint was not handled correctly on check out, we have a Guest Care Manager on duty at all times to deal with such issues and they shoudl have been called to discuss this with you. If you would like to discuss your stay in detail then please contact my Operations Manager, Suzan Latto, directly at the Hotel.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

If it were not for the excellent reputation of our local Mercure this brand would be trash to us.
We were gifted a night here from relatives and were very much looking forward to our break to Inverness, but couldn't even get a nights sleep here.

The room they gave us was very noisy, it sounded like the air conditioning fans were on top of the roof and were on the entire night. Although we got used to the noise and eventually managed to get to sleep we were awoken by some mad gurgling sounds coming from the plumbing in the bathroom at 4.30am- the only way to get them to stop was to plug up the drains on the sink and bath.

Staff weren't unprofessional but it was obvious they just didn't give a crap when we told them. I explained I had slept through the inclusive breakfast after being kept awake for an hour by the plumbing...not expecting much but thinking you know they might even throw in a lousy muffin or something just so I wasn't leaving hungry, but barely even got an apology out of her.

We wrote a reasonably tempered letter to the hotel management (nothing like this review I assure you :) ) explaining what happened and no reply whatsoever. It must be nice to have a cashflow in this recession that gives you the luxury of not caring about your customers.

We weren't sure if we wanted to stay in Inverness more than a day on our trip but given how shattered I was after that affair I wasn't driving any further - so we booked into the local Travellodge which was much more relaxing and the staff there were really nice - couldn't fault that place whatsoever. Fortunately we had such a good time after getting past the Mercure incident that we ended up staying a 3rd night in the city :)

It's a pity the room and attitude of the staff let this hotel down because it's in a great location, lovely city with lots to see and the spa/pool were really nice too.

Room Tip: Pray you get a decent room! They can't all be as bad as the one we had - if you're booked in...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shiv M

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am sorry that we let you down on this occasion. I would appreciate the opportunity to make amends with you, please be assured that we respond to all guests feedback and have not yet received a letter from you about this.
If you would like to contact the Hotel direct, my Operations Manager, Suzan Latto, will be happy to discuss your stay with you.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotel is immediately opposite several pubs which are very noisy from people shouting during the night. Woken up constantly, avoid staying here on Friday or Saturday nights! The insulation did not help keep out the noise from the streets, the 'acoustic vents' in the windows completely ineffective. No double glazing. Bathrooms very dated, think of 60's or 70's style and you are about right. Staff nice and friendly though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob I

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am sorry that your were not completely satisfied with your stay. We have just completed phase 2 of 3 in replacing our windows and they are all double glazed with an acoustic vent as you mentioned. I apologise if you felt this did not help reduce the noise from our city centre and we will of course look into this matter.
I appreciate your feedback on our team and will share this with them.