“Nice Rooms ”

Mercure Inverness Hotel
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel does not look great from the outside, but the rooms are very nice and beds are comfortable. This is all you need to visit the highlands from Fort George to Urquhart Castle and a tour around the shopping in inverness itself. We also visited the cinema just on the outskirts of the Inverness. Didn't try the food, but the bar is good and staff friendly. Only issue was cleaning staff trying to clean the room with a do not disturb sign on the door??? But other than that a good place.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed our stay and found your room comfortable. Please accept my apologies for our House Keeping staff trying to clean your room, I will share your comments with them.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Location of this hotel is really great!! Just head of the street from railway station and central of the Inverness city near all shops and restaurants. There was good places to eat and drink near this hotel. The staff of this hotel was very friendly and offered their help to choose right tourist trip and they answered all our guestions. Really huge thanks to the nice staff!
Otherwise the hotels interior was little bit worn and our room was cold. The radiator was broken but there was smaller radiator in the room. Also WC s door was difficult to lock and water in the shower leaked on the floor. There was free wifi. Ok place if you want to sleep just the city central and enjoy the lovely views of Inverness.

Room Tip: Ask room for a higher floor and you will get nice view on the river Ness or the city center.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that our team were able to assist you and I appreciate your constructive feedback on the Hotel. We will take this into account as we continually try to improve our service.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I chose the Mercure Inverness mostly for its proximity to shops and restaurants. It's located right on the River Ness, which makes it the perfect location for walking to a few of Inverness' tourist attractions. This was also our jumping off point for a day trip to the Isle of Skye.

Our room was clean and spacious. The bathroom had incredible water pressure. Careful though, water comes out of the sink so fast that it tends to splatter your clothes. The rooms facing downtown can get a little noisy at night, especially on the weekends. My wife can fall asleep in almost any conditions, but the hooting and hollering and music and cars driving by kept me awake until well past 1:00am, then things started to calm down. The elevators were very finicky, tending to go up and down several times before arriving at the correct floor. According to a few other guests I spoke with, it seems like the elevators have had problems for quite some time.

All in all, the Mercure Inverness was decent enough, but it certainly could have been better.

Read my other reviews, complete with pictures:

Search "The Barbecue Fiend"

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing downtown unless you like tons of noise.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your honest and constructive feedback, please be assured that this will be noted and taken into account while we continually try to improve our service.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I am in my room writing my review now, probably because of the massive disappointment that this hotel is. I have used various hotels of the Accor group on several continents (Ibis, Mercure and Sofitel). Usually even the older Accor hotels even when tired, are well thought through. I understand that until recently this was another chain hotel and I am suprised that Accor did not take the time to bring it up to their usual standard. It is obvious all the fixtures were put in with little care, the towel rail is coming off the wall, in the shower I could see a massive glob of whatever was used to fix the mirror. The sink would not be out of place in a museum! There are not enough power points in the room. Also there was a strong smell of bleach in the lobby and corridor. I usually book Mercure hotels when I feel like indulging myself when travelling solo and was looking forward to staying here. The two stars are for location and staff. Not worth the money I paid for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. We do have a lengthy programme of works planned for the Hotel in the future but I would hope that some of the issues you encountered were reported and rectified during your stay with us.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel as a lone traveller on business. I would return again under the same terms.

Good points:
Free wifi

Bad points:
Small bathroom
In need of a refurb
Untidy in places - especially leisure facilities

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had one night in Inverness on our Scotland tour, and wanted something centrally located, an easy walk from the train and area restaurants. The Mercure was perfect. Yes, it doesn't have the best "ambiance" or local character. It's a HOTEL just like any other decent midrange hotel. Great bed, big room, nice bathroom, quiet, good wifi. Everything we wanted/needed. If Inverness is a major stop on your Scotland vacation, you probably want something with a better "Scotland feel." But if what you need is just a nice place to stay for a night or two, it's a great home base for checking out local restaurants, pubs, the Castle, the museum, etc. And a quick walk to the train, which is awesome. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and I appreciate your feedback.
I hope that you enjoy the rest of your visit to our lovely (and awesome) country!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The Mercure Inverness I think is in transition to a better place. The team are very good indeed and I have just had ten days working in Inverness, staying at the Mercure which became my temporary home. Small but pleasant pool and jacuzzi. Bed very comfy, noise abatement strip at the top of the window from my room overlooking a lively street when the clubs were chucking out didn't work very well. Lovely and warm. Food good, reasonable choice and if anything wasn't quite right then the staff would try and put it right if they could. The location gives the hotel its USP, the team and also the feedback from the manager to just about all these reviews speaks volumes... the man clearly cares and takes the time to do so. I'm back tomorrow! ....

Room Tip: Avoid the front rooms if you worry about noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate your constructive feedback and we do have a planned programme of work this year to improve our facilities and service.
I am delighted that you found our team to be helpful, they are our biggest asset and work very hard to try and ensure every guest has a good service experience.