“Not bad, not great either”

Mercure Inverness Hotel
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very convenient location, and a friendly, helpful staff, but other than that, it's just an average place. It's a bit beat up, and tired looking. I had a river view room, and on a Saturday night, depending upon how drunken things get downtown you might not get a wink of sleep. The breakfast is good enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your constructive feedback and please be assured that we have plans to improve the Hotel over the next few months.
I am glad that our team made a good impression on you, they do work very hard and will appreciate your comments.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Inverness Hotel

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed for a week in February 2014 found the staff really helpful to someone from Australia on his first visit to the city, the food available for breakfast was delicious and great friendly service from the staff there as well.
The room was warm and comfortable and very clean and as I would have wanted with free WIFI it was perfect for my weeks stay, I will be back with the family for a stay soon

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to review your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and chose to share this with other travelers.
Our team work very hard to try to ensure that every guest has a positive experience so they will also be delighted with your comments.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future with your family.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights here and this review is difficult. We were upgraded to a river view room on back of hotel which I would advise, Room also had high speed WiFi. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Room was large and bathroom clean although adjusting the water temp for shower was a challenge. Breakfast was included and very good. Our first night was comfortable stay. Our second night was a disaster. Several rooms on our floor were rented to a large group of young adults. They were extremely noisy, loud music and slamming doors as they moved from room to room. At 11:00 pm, I knocked on one door where party seemed to be located and nicely asked to quiet down. They obliged. For a awhile it was less noisy but got louder and louder as night progressed. At 3:30 am, I finally called and complained to front desk. They sent security up and again it was quiet for short while until it got much louder. We did not get much sleep. We complained to front desk morning and were advised that security did the best that they could do in trying to handle situation. I told them that they handled this problem very poorly and would not stay there again. They apologized but that does not help us out much now because we are very tired. There were others on the floor that also complained. I would not risk ruining a vacation stay at a hotel on poor management of handling a situation such as this. That is just my take on this. I would have sent security back up several times to moniter this situation.

Room Tip: Get a room in back overlooking river. Also WiFi worked better in these rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, please accept my sincere apologies that your stay was not entirely satisfactory.
I am aware that you spoke with my Operations Manager on check out and since your comments she has had discussions and re-training sessions with our Night team about how to handle noise issues from other guests during the night. I appreciate that this does not alleviate the disturbance you encountered but please be assured we have acted on your comments.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. Our room 420 on the 4th floor was large clean and had a view of the river. We upgraded which gives free high speed internet. The coffee maker works great. the Wifi worked perfectly. The bed has king size. The location is straight across from the train station and down one block. The water can be very hot so pay attention. The bath was small but clean. Our room was quiet.

Room Tip: Be on the rear of the hotel and higher the better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for sharing your positive experience with us and other travellers. We always appreciate positve and constructive feedback and use this as we continually try to improve our service.
I hope that you enjoy the rest of your visit to our country and hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The building and the rooms are tired BUT this hotel has the perfect location plus parking. I hope management does read this review because the staff really make this place. Staff were most helpful in helping us get to the hotel in the first place (there were roadworks and road closures at the time of our visit), excellent suggestions for things to do, great service both at dinner and breakfast. We had requested a river view room (after reading room tips) and would suggest this for other visitors. Reasonable tariff with special offers for breakfast and dinner. Only had one night on this occasion but would like to spend more time in the area and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am delighted with your comments and will share them with the team.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very nice, large beds. Lovely river view. Decent coffee machine in rooms. Great breakfast. If staying for the Loch Ness Marathon, they put on a special runner's breakfast on the morning of the race. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us last year and for providing us with some great feedback. I am glad that we were able to help you with early breakfast, it wouldn't be right to send you off to a Highland marathon without some good, hearty porridge first!
I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.