“Tour of the highlands”

Mercure Inverness Hotel
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 9 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Andrew H
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed in here as we were on business and took the oportunity to visit family, it looks excellent and in a great position if you want to shop or go out at night.

However the rooms are tired with stains on the carpet, the bathroom was something out of the 70's with cream and pink 4 x 4 inch tiles. The had updated the shower system, however that's ok if you wanted to be roasted as you could not increase the cold water pressure so if you have kids make sure you test the water first. The cold water tap on the bathroom sink was so stiff to turn I had to get my husband who also struggled to turn it on, not good if you want to brush your teeth.

The buffet breakfast was good, and the staff very friendly, we complained when we left but the receptionist said I know and can only apologies.

We are regular visitors to Inverness and can only say we wont be back to this particular hotel, unless they give it a total revamp.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest and constructive feedback, I am please that you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay. Please be assured that we are working on improving the Hotel all the time and your feedback will be used as continually try to improve our service.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Mercure in May 2014 for the second time. I visited with my parents and grandparents as part of a three night New Year Celebrations and luckily won first prize at the New Year's Day quiz where I won a 2 night stay at the hotel. I would however say that had I not won a stay at the hotel i would have returned regardless as was so impressed during my first visit.

Every single member of staff have been friendly and helpful, i honestly feel they couldn't do enough for me and my family, during both stays. When we arrived at New year the manager welcomed us in the hotel lobby and personally thanked us for choosing the Mercure and wished us an enjoyable stay, which i thought was a lovely personable touch.

The hotel is located a 3 minute walk from the train station so perfect if you are travelling by rail. Likewise the town centre is also a five minute walk where you will find the Rives Ness, beautiful seafood restaurants and classy yet laid back bars.

The hotel has a health suite which i used during both stays, although beginning to look a little tired it was clean with a pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.

Food was delicious which consisted of a buffet breakfast with all you could want (cereal, toast, full english, specials such as mackarel/smoked salmon, fresh fruit, cakes). Also the buffet dinner at New Year was delicious, with several options and all of my family enjoyed. The New Year dinner was especially good with which was five courses, including the Scottish traditional haggis neeps and tatties. This was followed by a hogmamay dance, ceilidh and disco which was such good fun.

All in all i would highly recommend the Mercure, and look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for coming to visit us again and well done on your quiz skills! I am delighted that you chose to stay with us for New Year and hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We travelled by train so this Hotel was very convenient We like Mercure Hotels but this one was a but disappointing. The room was spacious but the bathroom cramped. One night only Bar meals were available. The helpfulness of the staff was variable. Breakfast was good.

Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with Mercure Inverness and for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your constructive and positive feedback and we will use this as we continually try to improve our service.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good for the Bus Station, Train Station, and shops. Arrived at 10:30 am and actually got checked in then so full marks to them for that. The bloke on reception was excellent, the room was on the 5th floor with a river view, nice room. The breakfast was very good. The only problem was the car park, not enough spaces for all the Hotel residents when there is a function on yet they charge a tiny fee for parking, if you have a decent car dont bring it to this car park. I would stay again, it was better than we expected being a 3 Star Hotel.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your constructive and positive feedback, I appreciate your comments on our car park and will look into how we can improve this. It is a great feature for a city centre Hotel to have car parking so my apologies if you could not get a space in it.
I will share your feedback with our team and we hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have spent a few weekends at this Hotel and there is nearly always an event on. This has never really been a problem to me other than trying to find a parking space. The staff are friendly , the food good and the free wifi also good.

The Spa and Gym really needs updated.

Room Tip: At weekends, if you have a room on the street side, the noise is unbearable ! Too much drunken noise...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I appreciate your constructive and positive feedback. We will use this as we continually try to improve our service.
Please do let us know when you are next visiting and we will try to ensure you are allocated a room on the river side of the Hotel.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a one night stopover here whilst have a weekend break in the highlands, the hotel was well located in the centre of Inverness and had parking, so was a good choice.

Check in was very efficient, the chap (whose name I cant recall) even knew my name as I had reserved 2 rooms and my Platinum status was recognized with a room upgrade. The room was very good, large room, large bed, separate couch, desk and another table (it reminded me of much more expensive Crowne Plaza hotel rooms I have stayed in the past). The room was large with 2 separate large windows which looked out over the river. The actual bed was very comfortable, I had a great sleep – something I usually don’t get in a lot of hotels. Also the hotel has a small gym and pool, the pool was warm and never too busy so was ideal for us to use. The only minor criticism was that the bathroom wasn’t to the same high standard of the bedroom, however the shower seemed new and was nice and powerful (and kept a constant temperature).

Overall, it was a good hotel with a good room and I would be happy to stay there again, or recommend to others to use.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room, nice view and would be much quieter than the town facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to Mercure Inverness and we appreciate your loyalty to Accor Hotels!
I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.