My husband and I had the pleasure of spending two evenings at this guest house and it was fantastic from start to finish. We were greeted at the door as we arrived by Murray who helped us in with our luggage and then parked our car for us once he saw us to our room.
We arrived later than expected, but Murray had the kitchen staff stay a little late to prepare dinner for us. He invited us into the lounge for a drink before dinner and was able to speak very knowledgeably about the various Whisky's of the region.
The dinner was traditional Scottish fare (not our favorite) but was well prepared and tasty. The service really made the meal more than the food.
Our room was very large and comfortable. There was free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, including the rooms. Murray had lit our fireplace for us before we arrived so that our room was a comfortable temperature.
We slept very well, as the bed was comfortable and the hotel is very quiet.
The next morning, we had a wonderful breakfast in our room and then set off for sightseeing in the area. The front desk staff was very helpful with recommendations, directions and tour brochures. The proximity of this hotel to Culloden Battlefield and exhibition center is also nice.
On our last night, we mentioned to Murray that we had heard that the hotel was on the original foundation of the Culloden House that played a part in the famous battle by housing the leader of the Jacobites before the fateful battle, and Murray offered to show us the cellars himself. Above and Beyond!
When we were ready to check out, Stephen, the manager himself, actually took our bags out to our car, bought it around, cleared it of snow and had it warm and waiting for us.
Everything about this hotel was fantastic.. but I must say that my favorite part was the customer service.. really, no detail was ignored and we felt as if we were the most important guests in the hotel for our entire stay. We were sad when it was time to leave and will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conde Nast Gold list property, Georgian Country House which boasts first class service in the Capitol of the Scottish Highlands. Award winning cuisine, magnificent walled garden and gracious rooms await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Culloden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Culloden House Hotel Inverness
- Culloden Hotel Inverness
- Culloden House Inverness, Scotland