Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beaufort Hotel(Inverness)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgarden wingnew wingmain buildinglovely hotelhuge bathroomwedding venuegreat showerhotel is situatedcity centrequiet areabusiness tripspacious roombuffet stylean overnight stayhome from homefantastic staycouple of nights
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception here on 6th July 2013. From the first meeting, we could not possibly fault any of the staff or the service we received. Robert was highly efficient in ensuring the planning of our reception was as we wanted and offered excellent advice based on his evident vast experience in this field, which we really appreciated. On the day everything ran so smoothly. All of the staff from Michelle in reception to the bar staff, waiting staff and other staff who we met either on the day, in the run up or the next day were so professional and worked their socks off for us. Our guests were raving about the food, the venue, the staff and the overall top quality of service and experience. A lot of our guests were staying here as well and could not fault it either.
What else made it perfect? The honeymoon suite was sooo big and comfortable. When the staff realised we were running late for breakfast they offered to bring it to our room. The gardens and the interior of the hotel were just perfect for pictures. The MacDonald suite was a great size for our 120 guests to maintain the intimate feel and then there was the perfect layout for after the meal.
We couldn't recommend this venue highly enough! If you are looking for the perfect venue for your big day then this is the place!
Thank you to all of the staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Fiona and Kenneth

Thank you so much for this lovely review. We are all delighted that you were so happy with all the arrangements and your stay here with us.

It was a pleasure to be entrusted with your reception and we all send our very best wishes to you both for the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have always enjoyed coming to Inverness and staying at Lochardil House. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much bother. During my recent health issues Graeme and staff made sure I had a ground floor room. I am very grateful to them for accommodating this.

The food is always excellent, with very generous portions!

I highly recommend this special hotel - you will not be disappointed!

Many thanks to all!

Arlene

Stayed: July 2013
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Arlene

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We appreciate your nice words and have enjoyed having you to stay with us.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

This has to be one of the friendliest hotels I have visited in a very long time. Stayed here in June 2013 on a family trip to Inverness and was not disappointed.
Traditional family friendly hotel situated out of the city centre with beautiful gardens to the rear. We were allocated a family room in the garden wing (a newer extension situated adjacent to the main hotel building) which was more than suitable to meet the needs of a family of 4. Very spacious room cleaned to perfection every day...and the bottled water stocked in the mini bar provided an extra special touch which was greatly appreciated upon arrival after a long car journey from Glasgow. Without doubt though the large powerful shower had to be my favourite thing about the room. AMAZING!!!! Food was excellent, tasty and plenty of choice. Breakfast in particular was really good, served buffet style in the large conservatory with a choice of cereal, yoghurt, fruit, traditional cooked breakfast etc...and the kids favourite "breakfast cakes" aka croissants/pastries. Staff at the hotel were brilliant and deserve a special mention. They were warm, friendly, very attentive and made our family feel very welcome throughout our stay. A real credit to the hotel and the main reason I chose to write this review. I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lola967
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate your very kind comment on our excellent hard working staff.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Our rooms was in the garden wing and was a blast out of the 70s. Comfortable and clean, but would say nothing more than a place to sleep.

The service was really good. It's a pretty small hotel, so the staff is able to keep up with what's going on with you. We arrived at the hotel about 2am due to a VERY long drive from Glasgow and several inquired about the drive and if we got enough rest.

Breakfast is traditional European which is fine. I'm not a huge fan of European breakfast, but eat it anyway. The food here was good and service during breakfast very good. The bar is small, works well with the hotel. Again, service is really good here, especially for my perception of a Best Western.

The location is a little out of the way, but not a big issue. I would suggest a hotel closer to the center of town if possible.

The only problem was that we tried to cancel our last night the afternoon before. We were unable to and charged for the night because it was supposed to be change BEFORE we checked in the the first night of three. Not a good policy

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff were helpful to you.

Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed here last week (21/06/13) on a business trip. I have stayed in a couple of hotels in Inverness before and though this was the furthest out from the centre it is definitely my favourite to date. It has a very welcoming feel to it with the wood panelling, high ceilings, detailed cornicing, leather seats and deep pile carpets. Very efficient and friendly receptionist had everything prepared and we were checked in seconds after arriving. Impressive ! Lovely room and very comfortable bed. Didn’t eat there in the evening but the menu looked varied and interesting and the breakfast was definitely up to scratch. All in all a very enjoyable experience. I know where I will be booking (if I can) when heading for Inverness again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again