“A pleasant return visit”

Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“A pleasant return visit”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Excellent facilities, especially breakfast, comfy roomy room, Free Wi-Fi everywhere, quiet location, even a wedding didn't disturb us in our room. Only problem was roadworks in town stopping us following the Sat-Nav's directions and then difficult to locate hotel by other routes unless you know your way around.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Graham

Thank you so much for your kind review. Much appreciated. Sorry about the Roadworks - bit of a nightmare in Inverness which I have no control over !

They say it will all be sorted soon.

Graeme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I recently went up to Inverness to visit my friend Mildred who lived nearby.

I stay in lots of different hotels with work, but the standards and service here were amazing. Had a lovely room with patio which was quiet and restful.

The food in the restaurant was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful. I liked it so much I stayed an extra night.

Highly recommend this place. Will definitely use it when I next visit Mildred.

Room Tip: Room with the patio was excellent
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark T
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Mark

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We try our very best and our excellent staff work very hard so it is nice when they are appreciated.

We are delighted that you were so happy here.

Sussex England
Reviewed 13 May 2014

we had four nights here in the garden suite .The decor and accommodation were excellent but there was a grand shower not a bath which might not suit everyone.The staff and the food were good and everyone was keen to ensure a happy stay. it had a large car park which if you are touring is essential the other best western in inverness had limited parking so you would have ended up in a pay car park.The hotel is about 5 minutes from town in the car and in a quiet residential area which suited us down to the ground. all in all I would stay here again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the garden extension
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice when our excellent staff are appreciated and to find our location is suitable and our free car parking appreciated. Many Hotels nowadays have hardly any. Thankfully most of our guests enjoy our food and facilities but of course you cannot please everyone. !

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

As a regular visitor to Best Western Hotels all over the UK and a Best Western Diamond level rewards member I enjoyed my stay here it is clean and staff are friendly and always there too help however on first night I ordered my evening meal around 8.30 when my main course came I had to send it back it was over cooked and not edible to eat, they did take it off my bill but at the end of the day I was wanting to eat.

Another point I would make is that this Hotel is not all that close to the City Centre as it would make you believe I for one would not like to walk it into the City Centre but on the whole a nice quiet place to stay within a lovely setting.

Room Tip: Dont leave ordering your meal in the evening till late
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your Chicken Kiev was slightly overdone. I understand that you were asked if you would like to order another dish but you declined that night to have anything else. I am glad that you did then eat with us the following night. Regarding our location we make clear on our website etc that 'Our Victorian mansion house hotel is set in its own grounds, giving you the freedom to enjoy your break in a quiet residential area of Inverness, just 1.5 miles from the city centre.'

We are indeed 1.5 miles from the City Centre as we state .

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our excellent staff responsive to your needs

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Not for some time have I experienced such wonderful service from staff. As a single female traveller, I was more than comfortable, well looked after and nothing was ever a problem. Spent 3 nights last week on business and will definitely be recommending that my company use Lochardil as their regular place for all employees when in Inverness.
Room service was excellent, breakfast and dinner in restaurant also of a good standard, but most memorable was the staff - above and beyond, in a polite, discreet and attentive manner.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We try our very best at all times and our excellent loyal hard working staff are our best asset.

It is nice when their hard work is appreciated.

Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here for a family wedding. Nice hotel,we stayed in the main hotel building and the room was good. Breakfast was nice with plenty of choice and the wedding was well organised by the hotel staff. Nice gardens. Friendly and helpful staff. A bit of noise from outside rooms with there being a wedding celebration but that's to be expected. Would recommend staying here if you're looking for a hotel in Inverness that's away from town centre.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your nice review. we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding.

We try our best at all times and it is nice when appreciated.

West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a business trip early April 2014.

Staff were very welcoming and bent over backwards to make us welcome (even provided us with a room to watch the football in while we ate dinner, and had a personal waiter ! )

The rooms were large and comfortable with good quality and secure feeling. Decent for a 4 star hotel. A really good shower and freebies ;)

The food was excellent and plentiful, I had the fillet steak which came with all the trimmings which was all cooked to perfection.

Will stay again on my next trip ;)

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and were well looked after. We try our best.