It is worth looking first at an earlier review covering an awful 2 nights in March 2012, where staff mismanaged a faulty fire alarm.
During our stay on 21st July at 1.30 am I was woken by the sound of a smoke alarm going off in our room. A few minutes later a member of staff hammered on our door, as I opened it he rushed in waving his arms. His first words to me were ' Has someone been smoking?' We confirmed that no one had. After sniffing the air he then accused us of having a shower with the door open, we denied this heinous crime and he left. We then opened our door to find the rest of the hotel guests returning from an evacuation, that he not even mentioned to us! Thank goodness there wasn't a fire in our room! 10 minutes later another member of staff hammered on the door, he rudely kept repeating that we must have had a shower. After 3 denials, he left. At no time did either member of staff advise us what was going on, nor in any way apologise to us. My wife and daughter went down to reception and were again accused by both members of staff of setting the alarm off.
About 2 hours later the alarm went off again. The first member of staff, hammered on our door again waving his arms, without even acknowledging my existence he came in, looked up at the offending alarm and muttered that he would have to silence it and left. This time I went downstairs. Other hotel guests were there and looked as if they were in the process of forming a lynch mob. One said 'Have They set the alarm off again?' Clearly the staff had told them that we were responsible. At no time did any member of staff offer any spontaneous apology for our inconvenience. We were told initially that we could wait for the engineer to come, and then offered a change of room, which we agreed to.
It was a great pity that this unacceptable behavior by the staff, and clear mismanagement of every aspect of this situation, marred what might have otherwise been a pleasant stay. Our arrival greeting at reception was friendly and we were allowed to book in early. The family room we were given was essentially a 2 bedroom suite. It was spacious, but a little tatty, and there were no coffee making facilities. The second room we were moved to was in much better decorative order and also much cooler.
The breakfast was excellent and the staff were very attentive. The gym and pool were also quite good.
In the morning however we still received no apology for the ridiculous episode so I sought out the duty manager and demanded that some action be taken about this very stressful episode, especially as the engineer seemed to have by that time confirmed that the alarm had been faulty.
Eventually I did get an apology and we received a full refund, I was advised that the matter would go to the general manager. I hope if it does that he re-reads the earlier March 2012 review, takes a close note of this one, and this time really does change things!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Having recently undergone a multi-million pound refurbishment, Jurys Inn Inverness boasts 118 newly designed bedrooms furnished with large soft DREAM bed by Jurys Inn, work desk, free BT Wi-Fi internet access, en-suite bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, and flat screen TV with Freeview. Situated just outside the city centre on Millburn Road, 2.2 miles from Inverness railway station, our hotel in Inverness is perfectly placed for visiting the 'Capital of the Highlands'. A stone's throw away from the impressive scenery of the Beauly Firth, Jurys Inn Inverness also offers easy drives to famous Scottish landscapes and Lochs, from the Cairngorms National Park to the mythical Loch Ness. Inverness city centre is a thriving hub of Scottish culture and heritage, whether exploring the Inverness Museum & Gallery or taking in some culture at the Eden Court Theatre, Jurys Inn Inverness is ideally located. The city is also home to a range of fantastic restaurants and bars, some of which have picturesque views of the River Ness. Jurys Inn Inverness offers the Dornoch Bar for those wishing to relax with a beverage or light meal after a long day of city exploring, or business. Our Cromarty Restaurant provides a friendly atmosphere for our guests to enjoy a delicious meal surrounded by contemporary décor. 24 hour room service is also available. The hotel is home to Juvenate Health and Leisure Centre, with indoor heated pool and fully-equipped gym, and also has 4 flexible meeting rooms on site accommodating up to 250 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Priceline, Hotelopia and Odigeo so you can book your Jurys Inn Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Inverness Hotel Inverness
- Inverness Thistle Hotel
- Jurys Inn Inverness Scotland