Kingsmills Hotel
US$202
US$181
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Inverness(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$174
Travelocity
Glenmoriston Town House(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$222
Travelocity
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$164
Travelocity
Craigmonie Hotel & Leisure Ltd.(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$167
1,974 results
All reviewskings clubthe main hotelkingsclub spagarden roomspa buildingleisure clubluxury roomlovely hotelleisure facilitiesswimming poolconservatory restaurantbunk bedssauna and steam roomon arrivalseparate showerhuge bedwalk in shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I stayed here recently for a long weekend. Most of the facilities were perfectly fine - the decor was a little dated and the main hotel and rooms could do with refreshing but that is a minor point. The breakfasts were nice (except for the sausages which had bone chips in - avoid) and the room was very clean (except for a few cobwebs around the ceilings). The bed was huge which was a nice touch. It's definitely not the best four star hotel I've visited but also not the worst. The main reason I decided to write a review is to warn other guests - do NOT book a room on the ground floor of the main hotel. It's an old building and I'm guessing not much has been done in the way of sound insulation, because the person staying in the room upstairs sounded like thunder. I could hear the footsteps even with ear plugs in! They didn't put the television on frequently but when they did we could hear that too. They got up at seven every morning and because of that, so did we because it was impossible to sleep afterwards. Other than that our stay was perfectly ok. We weren't at the hotel in the day because we simply used it as a base to explore the area, so I don't know what its other facilities such as the spa or restaurant are like.

Room Tip: Don't book a ground floor room!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, all feedback is very much appreciated. After reading your review and investigating a little further I believe your room was allocated one of stanard rooms in our "garden wing". By this Friday every one of these rooms will have recieved a paint and decoration refresh, a project we have been working on for the last couple of months. I am sorry you were disturbed by the other guests upstair, if we had been made aware of, a room move could have been arranged.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay. I was disappointed to read your comment on our sausages from breakfast, I enjoyed two myself this morning and this is the first time I have had a comment that they have found bone chippings within the meat. I will ask our chef to address with our supplier.

Reviewed 14 April 2011

Stayed here with kids - they had a separate room from us. The hotel was great. We were there for two nights and ate at the hotel restaurant both nights. There was a wedding reception at the hotel the first night and we got to see many men and little boys in their kilts. They were all very friendly and nice. The front desk was very helpful. Loch Ness wasn't too far away and was well worth the visit. Overall enjoyed our stay immensely. Would definitely recommend to anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your trip advisor review of Kingsmills hotel. I was delighted to read you had an "Awesome" stay. Kingsmills can be the prefect hotel for so many different purposes. We have family rooms, adjoining rooms, king rooms, twin rooms, triple rooms, accessable rooms, kingsclub rooms and a suite, we really try to deliver to all. The are two restaurants which I am glad you enjoyed offering a variety of dishes using the best of local ingrediants. Whilst there was a local wedding taking place at the time we always have a deadicate team on to look after the weddings and private events and another team to look after all our other guests, to the highest of standards.
We would love to welcome you back in the future, whilst you enjoyed Loch Ness the area has many other attractions to entertain all the family.

Thanks again

CraigEwan

Reviewed 10 April 2011

A class act that sets the standards for others to follow.
Quality of service is constant from first to the last day of our stay.A letter of thanks from our national poet Robert Burns hangs proudly in the Hotel foyer commenting about service and hospitality that he experienced during a stay at Windmills estate. I echo the same gratitude for the service and hospitality experienced by my wife and myself during our stay.This quality of service and hospitality is the core of the success of the Windmills Hotel experience.
You leave the kingsmills Hotel with a marvelous feeling of wellbeing. A haven of class and quality and we are already planning a return break. .

Mr,Mrs Shankland

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank fshanky

Dear Mr and Mrs Shankland,

Thank you for taking time to write this review of Kingsmills following your recent stay, your title of the review must be one of the most inspiring I have read to date. I am glad you had a wonderfully relaxing stay and our associates delivered a consistent high standard of service through out the hotel and your stay.

We would be delighted to see you back at Kingsmills again.

Reviewed 6 April 2011

Went back for our third stay at this well run and friendly hotel. It was made all the more brilliant as we were upgraded to one of their best rooms in the new Kingsclub Spa..Great views from the room with a fabulous balcomy to watch the golfers. The room was luxurious and the staff very efficient and couldn't do enough for us. The whole place gave a calm and relaxing atmosphere and I can't wait to go back

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay again. Our associates do pride themselves on delivering and exceeding guest expectations and I am glad that they have done it again. The Kingsclub rooms are our best rooms in terms of comfort and views of the golf course in a modern contemporary surroundings. The Kingsmills has also very comfortable rooms in a more traditional "country house" surroundings.
I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 April 2011

I stayed at the Kingsmills Hotel with my Mum the last weekend in March. I'd booked our rooms through lastminute.com website and it was the 'top secret' hotel, meaning I didn't get the full details until I'd paid as it was a better priced offer with the promise of a quality 4* hotel. A bit of a gamble, but one that definately paid off!

We had our twin room on a 'room only' basis with the option of booking meals later. The room was in the 'garden annex' which was a bit of a trek through the hotel (loads of doors and wee staircases) - it felt like we were heading to the end of the world and I did feel slightly anxious that this was going to be a disappointment when we eventually got to our room.

Fortunately, we were delighted with our room (57). It was really big and spacious and very very comfortable. The beds were amazing - so comfortable! The room had a very pleasant view over the gardens and the spa. The big ensuite had both a bath and shower!

The only thing I wasn't keen on was being asked to make a deposit on my credit / debit card on arrival which was described as being 'just in case' we used room service etc. I said I wasn't keen to as I didn't feel we needed it, but felt kind of pressurised into doing it anyway. I don't know if this is a normal expectation in a hotel - I don't stay in them often enough - but have never experienced it before. Maybe it wasn't explained clearly, but it made me feel a bit uncomfortable on arrival.

Overall though, I couldn't fault this hotel. It is lovely, comfortable, luxurious and we had a great stay. I would definately recommend it and would definately come back and stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Kingsmills hotel after your recent stay at the weekend. I was delighted to read that overall you and your mother had a great stay and hope to return in the future. You were allocated one of our standard rooms in our garden wing, these rooms are a little bit older in style than the rest of the hotel however they have all been re-decorated over the winter period and are looking very fresh and have a lovely crisp feel to them, the majority of them have lovely garden views, such as your room.

The procedure of taking a pre-authorisation on a credit card at "check in" these days is very common, in all the major hotel brands. Unfortunately not every guest is not is honest as your self and this procedure simply protects the hotel in the event of a guest taking advantage of unauthorised room credit. It does become a little more complicated if on check in you and decide to use a "debit card" instead of a credit card, as then an amount has to be taken up front and then credit any positive balance back to the guest on check out. I am sorry that this made you feel a little insecure, I can assure you is very common these days and all of our associates comply with data integrity to ensure your personal details are protected.