Kingsmills Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$484
US$415
US$215
US$193
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Glenmoriston Town House(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$215
Hotels.com
Bunchrew House Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$596
Beaufort Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$181
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Craigmonie Hotel & Leisure Ltd.(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$167
Orbitz.com
US$147
US$136
Travelocity
Travelodge Inverness Fairways(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$110
Travelodge
Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$126
PremierInn.com
US$127
PremierInn.com
1,975 results
All reviewskings clubthe main hotelkingsclub spagarden roomspa buildingleisure clubluxury roomlovely hotelleisure facilitiesswimming poolconservatory restaurantbunk bedssauna and steam roomon arrivalseparate showerhuge bedwalk in shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed here on a business trip and we had a private dining room at no extra charge which was a lovely touch. the rooms were very comfortable, clean and had everything you might need. Staff were very friendly. The food was generally good, although a few of us found our steaks well done in parts, and rare in others. I had breakfast in my room and that arrived promptly and was hot and well presented. Good car parking.
No time to try out the pool etc. Internet access is chargeable.

Room Tip: This is my second stay at the Kingsmills. My first time I was upgraded to a luxury room which was HUGE, giant bay window with large sofa. Also came with jacuzzi bath and separate shower (in fact the bathroom was as big as many hotel rooms!) . this time I was in a standard room which was fine. .
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you completing a guest review. I am glad you enjoyed your last stay and found the hotel to have "personality". We do now do a lot of private dining for all sorts of occasions and like yourself we do receive many positive comments regarding the food quality and the great service.

Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Having been invited to stay for dinner after a business meeting, to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The restaurant is clean and tidy and the staff ( all be it, not one from the UK ! ) very attentive. The food was most disappointing. When my starter of Thia prawns appeared I was confronted with four little prawns,heads on, in a sauce with some lettuce. All for the sum of £8.95. The main course of Duck was again disappointing being served with a sticky rice on the side. Again, all for the sum of £18.50. The couple at an adjacent table sat throughout their meal using a laptop which was placed on their table. A few football shirted gents sat at another. If they are paying good money to stay there then its up to them what they want to wear - its just it made the eating experience a little like being in McDonald's.

1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I can not recommend the Kingsmill Hotel enough, beautiful inside and out, rooms are lovely and spotlessly clean. The staff are also fantastic - friendly, chatty and helpful. I love staying at this hotel and always have a great room, have stayed a few times in different rooms and they're all fantastic. Would stay here any time!

I wouldn't however recommend that any one choose to dine in the restaurant. The restaurant itself is lovely and comfortable and the waitresses so lovely, the food unfortunately was no where near the standard I would expect of a 4 star hotel. The starter I had was totally average but edible, my main on the other hand, I couldn't even eat. I ordered the trio of fish and what I got was three overcooked, tasteless, grey lumps of fish with some melted butter. Coming from an island I am used to eating and cooking with fresh fish and wouldn't be surprised to find out what I got in the Inglis restaurant came from the bottom of the freezer. I told the waitress and she said she'd tell the chef but nothing was done about it and the dish still appeared on our bill. I did have a pudding though and the sticky toffee pudding was lovely, I'm not sure if it's a different chef or if the chef is just better at desserts!

BUT I would return to the Kingmills, it is still my hotel of choice in Inverness and would happily stay any time, next time I'll be going in town for my dinner though!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fir12345
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel very comfortable and you were looked after very well by our associates. I was very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your main course in our restaurant. I will be discussing this with our Chef today as a matter of urgency as this is totally out of character. I personally did the tasting of the trio of fish before it was put on the a la carte menu and the dish was beautiful, fresh and very clean flavors. The chef buys in fish fresh five times a week and I can assure you the dish you ordered did not come from the freezer. Our fish comes from different local suppliers including Cromarty, Skye and Hopeman. I accept that the cooking of your main course must have been overcooked and I apologise for this. I would appreciate it if you would make contact with me personally before your next stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills hotel.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed for three nights b&b. Agree with previous review, reception staff friendly but room and bathroom desperately needs refurbed.

Room Tip: upgrade to club room or stay away!
2  Thank gordon12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your guest feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were well looked after by our team of highly motivated associates. Our standard rooms of which there are 20 out of 114 rooms in total at Kingsmills. These rooms are due to be fully refurbished later this year. The rooms are comfortable with beds being replaced recently and they are very clean and fully serviced. However I do agree the decore does require up dating.

At Kingsmills we have five room types. The entry level is the "standard rooms" (garden rooms) then there are "classic rooms", then "deluxe rooms". In addition to this we have another two levels of room types within our Kingsclub; "cacoon rooms" and our top level rooms are "retreat rooms".

Thank you for your feedback. On your next stay, try one of our other room types.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Spent two nights and was satisfied with the service. The television was not good, but was replaced on request.
Had meal on first night with mixed reviews, mine was good, with my wife complaining that the meal had poor sauce with meat being very average.
The hotel is not a four star, I had stayed years ago when it was newer, needs a bit of upgrading nowadays.
Overall a decent hotel in a nice location

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel overall. I was also glad to hear that whilst you had an issue with your TV, the problem was quickly resolved when you reported it. I was disappointed to read that your wife did not rate the meat and the sauce, I will address this with Chef.

We are continually refurbishing and investing back into the hotel. I was sorry to read that you felt your room was tired. The standard / garden rooms are due to be completely refurbished later this year.

Thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills.