“A lovely Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A lovely Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed here with my husband for two nights during April 2012. This is a lovely hotel, very elegant decor. We had a room above the main entrance, an internet special. The bed was very comfortable and the room very quiet. The dining room and conservatory were lovely as was the main areas of the hotel. The breakfast was first class all you would want to start the day. The staff were very informative and friendly. I would definately recommend this hotel to friends and family and should I be up that way again would stay there myself.

Room Tip: The internet special deal is good value!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Wick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

First time stay at Kingsmills in Inverness and was very impressed. Stayed in the Kingsclub section of the hotel and the room and facilities were first class. The room was very large and had a small adjoining room with bunk beds, which had its own TV, affording you some privacy with the kids in tow! Over and above all the facilities was the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff we encountered, a key reason why we will return here in the near future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Polmont, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

A fabulous hotel which exceeded my expectations. We were there for our anniversary and had fantastic time. The room was luxurious and had everything you could need. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was amazing and the atmosphere relaxed. We made great use of the leisure facilities and would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definately visit again.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room on the ground floor which had its own terrace and views of the garden, very qui...
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

This hotel met my expectations in every respect except one. It was in a good location, the room was large, clean and well furnished, staff were friendly and helpful, and breakfast was of a good standard. However, my stay was let down by the lack of hot water in the room. I stayed for two nights in April 2012 and on one morning the water in the shower was little more than tepid and on the second it was cold. A complaint to reception was met with the reply "that there was high demand". For a 4 star hotel with 4 star prices a lack of hot water is not acceptable - "high demand" or not.

Room Tip: Many rooms on the first floor at the back overlook a flat roof with multiple airconditioning units o...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SJones39
Huntly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Absolutley lush room & balcony. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was fantastic and overall a lovely experience. Is pricey but worth it for a special occassion/

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony overlooking the golfcourse are an added bonus to the beautiful room. Although...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012 via mobile

Spent a night Kingsmill over the Easter break. Excellent large room with great facilities and a fantastic breakfast spread in the morning. Enjoyed an hour massage at the spa which was very professional, relaxing and excellent value. Just a couple of minutes drive from the centre of Inverness and easily located to get onto the main routes out to loch ness and beyond. Very friendly service with good local knowledge and advice. Would recommend and definitely return

Stayed April 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Arrived at this hotel, full of excitement, as we were tired and were looking forward to a much needed break.
However, on arrival the Receptionist at the Leisure Club managed to give us the keys 2 times to the wrong room, upon arrival. We had booked a room over looking the Golf Course, with a Patio area. Each time we went to the room with a key card, we opened a door to a room without a Patio, needless to say by the third time we were uncertain wheather we'd open a door to a kitchen, or the actual room we had booked, thankfully we did. The Manager, was extremely sweet, and gave us wine for all the confussion.
That evening, we went over to the Hotel for dinner, we both ordered Steak. However, my one came to me under cooked, so the Waiter, who was very helpful, returned it to the kitchen, but it took a good while to come back,and by this time my partner had finished his. Also, the chips were left while the steak was being fixed, therefore I had to wait for more, and the sauce I had ordered was the wrong one when it came back to me. Needless to say, I just ate what I got, and left.
Next day, relaxing in our beautiful room, the heating packed up. I telephoned reception, and was not very nicely told that the reception controlled the heating. Explaining, politely, that our room was freezing, I asked that an Engineer come and have a look at it. The Receptionist stated that a workman would come and check our heating. After a while, a man appeared and agreed with me that the heating had packed up. An Engineer would need to be called. I telephoned Reception and was told as it was bad weather outside, this may take sometime. I asked then for other heaters to be taken to the room, after some discussion they appeared. Finally, after 2 hours, an Engineer appeared.
This was a fantastic way to spend an afternoon of my stay, as you can imagine, because I had to wait for the Engineer to arrive. The workman from the Hotel, I may add was very kind and helpful indeed.
I must add too that in the 3 days we stayed there, twice I had to ask if we could have our room cleaned.
All, in all, believe it or not, we did have a relaxing time, but it would have been so much more enjoyable if these things had not occured.
On conclusion, I think that the Management need to address issues such as, some of their staff, being more friendly and approachable i.e. receptionist at the New Leisure Club.

• 2 of 5 bubbles