“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kingsmills Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Kingsmills Hotel
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
London, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed here for one night, we were allocated a lovely modern room in the annex building. The room was decorated in a very modern style with a balcony onto the golf course and a great bathroom.
Lovely friendly staff,
good location for Inverness.
Great breakfast!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the large rooms and very comfortable bedding packages.

Our associates do work very hard trying to exceed expectation and WOW you the guest.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills hotel in the future.

Craig Ewan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

stayed here for christmas with my partner and it was fantastic. the room was luxurious and really spacious. we had a mini bar which was stocked, huge comfy bed, big tv and the room had a very expensive feel to it. not far from city centre, 5 minutes in a taxi so that was a plus. the staff were lovely and welcoming and we received a welcome set of three cakes on arrival with 'welcome' wrote in chocolate sauce underneath which i thought was a brilliant touch and made the stay get off to a good start. would definately stay here again with my partner in the future for a romantic getaway. there is alos a spa and beauty treatments you can recieve but we didnt use this facility, i possibly would if i return.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jennifer L
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your guest review. Feedback is always very much appreciated. I was delighted you had a fantastic stay with us and the staff delivered a perfect job for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills Hotel in the near future.

Angus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

Hotel is not right in the centre of Inverness but this actually makes it feel that bit more peaceful. There is a fantastic playpark across the road too which I would think is suitable for children of all ages.

The whole hotel felt very spacious and our suite was one of the biggest we have stayed in. The living room/main bedroom was huge although the children's room was very small. However, it had two bunk beds in it and a cabinet between the two but you don't anymore room for young children? Two big bathrooms too. The suite was modern and very clean.

We ate in the conservatory about 6pm and it was fairly quiet then so service was good. I went to get desserts later and it was busier and service not quite so good but maybe you would expect that. Breakfast was good and the chef was happy to accomodate my request for solid fried eggs. He also offered us more well done items too.

All the staff we came across were very friendly. It makes for a more upmarket hotel with a homely family feel to it.

The swimming pool was great. Nice and warm and, again, clean. It was busy but didn't feel overcrowded.

Regarding proce, the suite was reasonably priced for the size. However, we felt that dinner for the four of us (£91) was expensive. The food was good and fresh and substituting my husband's expensive main course for an average priced one would have brought it to £81 say. For two children <5, that is more than we normally pay (and we have eaten in good hotels quite a lot). It is not that we grudged it, we just felt it was quite a lot.

Overall though, we had a thoroughtly enjoyable stay.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a guest review. I was delighted to see that you had a great time at Kingsmills hotel and enjoyed the comfort of our family studio room, which is located right next to the leisure club. The hotel is not right in Inverness city however is only a 10 minute walk away and the added value is the ease of access, ample free car parking, lovely gardens and even a 3 course pitch n putt golf course which is free to play for the kids or adults.

In addition to this family studio we have 5 family rooms and plan to add another 8 of these to the hotel over the winter of 2012 - spring 2013.

I am also glad you enjoyed dinner in our a la care conservatory restaurant, the chef does try and source as much local ingredients as possible, including all shellfish, fish, beef, pork, venison, vegetables, cheese, ice cream etc. This does deliver quality to appearance and taste, however they do cost a little more.

We also have another restaurant, the Inglis restaurant where we offer a fixed priced table d' hote menu 2 courses for £17.50 and 3 courses for £22.00.

The children's menu is available in both restaurants, one course - £4.95, two course - £5.95, three course - £6.95

Thank you for your guest review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills Hotel at some point in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Nice hotel but I felt the room we were given in the original hotel was not of 4 star standard especially for the price we paid I would of expected a higher standard. The room was clean but was in desperate need of an ungrade. Also the corridor leading to our room smelt like an old folks home! I would of given my feedback to the receptionist at checkout but she didn't even bother to ask if everything was ok with our stay or if we had enjoyed our stay, which I thought was very poor customer service. Don't think I would stay at the hotel again as I felt it was over priced for what we got.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear Guest MayM699,

Thank you for your guest review. I am sorry that you felt that the hotel bedroom you recieved was not four star standard. The hotel changed ownership at the end of 2007 and the new owner is committed to to reinvesting back into the hotel. This can not all happen at once, over the last four years there has been £5 million worth of reinvestment and there is another £5 million planned over the next 5 years.

I have never had an issue with a smell in the corridors however I will investigate with our housekeeping team immediately. I am also disappointed that our receptionist who checked you out did not ask about your stay, I will raise this with the team. Normally I receive very positive reviews about all staff, so I am disappointed with your feedback and I will act upon it.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Kinsgmills for the first time last week. The main hotel is first class, and the staff were fantastic on our arrival, very friendly & helpful indeed.

A few of the older rooms in the original part of the building need some updating to come up to the same high standard as the rest of the hotel, but having spoken to the General Manager I understand the continued refurbishment of the hotel will address this small negative. The exterior and grounds are lovely, and the reception and lobby areas have a very healthy four star feel to them. In the not too distant future, with all re-furbs complete, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see arrival of a fifth star.

Unfortunately our stay was brief, only for one night, and we only got the chance to sample breakfast. The buffet style full English was thoroughly enjoyed and the dining room staff made us feel very welcome.

We look forward to our next visit to Inverness when we would most definitely consider returning to the Kingsmills Hotel.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear Guest 92ChrisN,

Thank you for writing a guest review, much appreciated. I was delighted you enjoyed your stay and were very well looked after by our associates. I have a very good team who do work very hard to try and exceed guest expectations and personalise each stay.

Let's hope on your next stay you have more time and are able to stay longer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

We travelled with another couple and all of us were upgraded to the Kings Club (a newer separate building to the original hotel) . Our room had plenty of space for luggage, a small sitting area and a separate bedroom (with comfortable King bed and flatscreen TV) and bathroom (separate bath and double shower). As well as the usual tea/coffee/biscuits, complementary cakes and fudge were available on our arrival. The overall space was very large, modern and decorated in muted tones. Everything was spotlessly clean (except for an empty wine bottle which we saw under one of the couches). The bedroom looked out over the golf course next door, and was very quiet.

The breakfast room was light and airy and nicely decorated, with a great breakfast. Help-yourself to continental selection or order cooked choices from the wait staff. The staff were very pleasant.

The pool/spa facilities were in the older building and were okay but a little tired – in particular the ladies shower/change room was very dated and could do with a complete renovation. Having said that, it was clean and useable so still a bonus to have.

My impression (I have no proof) is that the bedrooms in the original hotel would not be as large or modern as what we experienced in the newer building. I feel we were most fortunate to be upgraded to a room which was exceptional in every way.

Notes:
The hotel is located an easy 10 minutes walk from Inverness, a most pleasant town with a good selection of shops and places to eat.

Would be better if free wifi was available.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest 92ChrisN,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with our Kingsclub. The Kingsclub and Kingsmills are both rated 4 star, the difference is that the Kingsclub is designed and built in a modern contemporary theme, whilst the Kingsmills is more traditional 4 star country house theme. The rooms in Kingsclub are very large and spacious, however all rooms in Kingsmills are also large with the minimum room size 28 square meters, the largest in Inverness.

I am also glad you found our associates to be friendly and efficient. I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills hotel in the future.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

It's my third stay here in the last 2 years. We were upgraded to a room in the Kings Club from a standard room in the main hotel, which was a pleasant surprise as this was really luxurious. We ate in the Conservatory Restaurant, and enjoyed dinner very much. The only low point was slow service for the wine. Breakfast offered more choice than the usual Full Scottish, with smoked haddock and poached eggs. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you had yet another very enjoyable stay and this time had the opportunity to sample our Kingsclub. I was also glad to read that you enjoyed the quality food offered at dinner. I have taken on your point regarding the wine service and we have additional wine training taking place this week. I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills in the not too distant future.