“Love it !”
Review of Kingsmills Hotel

Kingsmills Hotel
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit to this lovely hotel,last time we had one of the beautiful rooms in the other building looking out onto the golf course,but we chose to stay in the brand new rooms in the main hotel this time.lovely room and very clean.Went to the restaurant in the conservatory in the evening,food was really good.We enjoyed chilling out on the comfy couches during the day and in the evening too.I would have given the hotel top marks,the only thing that let's it down slightly is they swimming pool,it needs modernised.Lovely buffet breakfast in the morning and staff were all very friendly.plenty parking spaces and it's just a five minutes drive to the shopping area of Inverness.Will return again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loopylynne1
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Loving it, loving it, loving it! Thanks for the review and loyal business, appreciate your feedback and glad to read that you enjoyed yet another stay.

We are planning to do some improvement work in our leisure club facilities later in the year.

Look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

A recent business trip took me here and i was pleasantly surprised with the high standard and attentiveness of the staff. The food is excellent, surely one of the best breakfast selections in the country?
The rooms are immaculately presented,spacious in size.
As for a decent nights sleep, unlike Lenny Henry, i didn't have to push my bed outside.
Conclusion: Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I always appreciate feedback, I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our associates to be very helpful.

I hope to welcome you back in the future, perhaps when you have some leisure time, as Inverness and surrounding area has lots to offer for any short break.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I don't have a bad word to say about this hotel and really enjoyed our 2 night stay. Excellent location, helpful staff, wonderful food and a room ideal for a family of four. With the lovely grounds and leisure facilities it definitely won't be long until we return

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your outstanding review following your outstanding review. I was glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay, great service and wonderful food. Kingsmills is a fantastic family hotel and location. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Kingsmills, and very much were glad we did. There is really nothing I can say bad about our stay; everything was great.

The hotel is in a good location for visiting Inverness, as the city center is only a 1 mile walk. The hotel and grounds are all very beautiful. The rooms are also very nice - NOTE we stayed in the newly opened luxury rooms, so I can not comment on the older rooms. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was quite good, although the selection was a little bit limited. We did not have any other meals at the hotel, so can not comment on their lunches or dinners...but I can say the menu looked good albeit a little pricey. Part of the reason we chose to eat at nearby pubs each night.

The staff are friendly, professional, and always helpful.

I would definitely recommend the Kingsmills to anyone thinking about a stay in Inverness.

Room Tip: choose the recently opened "luxury" rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I appreciate you taking the time to write. I am glad that you enjoyed one of our new luxury rooms which just opened in February. These rooms are very well appointed and we have the same high standard of bedding package throughout Kingsmills and Kingsclub and Spa. I was alittle surprised you found breakfast limited as we have 70 different breakfast items from a good continental selection supplemented with a full cooked Scottish breakfast buffet.

Hope to see you back at Kingsmills again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a function and we were delighted with the accommodation. We received a friendly welcome, food was fantastic and staff were all very friendly and could not do enough for us. We stayed in the original part of the hotel and rooms are looking a bit tired but it seems that some are being renovated so perhaps they are upgrading to the same standard as the new part. Things over and above what I have mentioned, that I feel basic for a hotel stay are comfy beds, a good shower and clean rooms, of which Kingsmills managed with ease. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing the review. I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay and will be back again. Since the hotel changed ownership in November 2007, there has been continual re-investment back into the hotel, which has significantly improved the product. Whilst there has been a new extension added on in February 2014 there are plans to keep improving the existing product and keep the standard high.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was out third stay in the hotel. Stayed Friday to Sunday over the Easter weekend. We were pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to the Kingsclub and had a lovely room with a balcony. Had dinner on the first night and it was lovely. Breakfast also good. Used leisure facilities and they are small but clean with a nice jacuzzi. Would stay again and would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the guest review. I am delighted you have enjoyed yet another visit to Kingsmills hotel. I was also glad to read that you enjoyed the up-grade to the Kingsclub. Now that you have stayed there and experienced the comfort of the Kingsclub bedrroms, you will want to book in there in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great location & friendly staff. Unfortunately we only used our shower once because it was so dirty, and only 2 of 4 lights worked in our room. Incandescent light bulbs are still in use. Also, you shouldn't have to ask for plates, cups or coffee at breakfast in a four star Seriously unimpressed...

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

As soon as I saw this review I have successfully managed to contact this guest directly to discuss this review and their stay.

The bathroom isssue I believe to be a condition issue which is currently being addressed. I was disappointed with your comments regarding breakfast, not our usual standard, however I am glad we have resolved directly. I have discussed this with our food and beverage team also.