“A Gem in the Highlands”
Review of Kingsmills Hotel

Kingsmills Hotel
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Extremely happy with our entire experience at Kingsmill!
The conservatory restaurant was great, food was well presented and delicious.
We were upgraded to the spa in the annexe building and it did not disappoint! The kid Daryl behind the desk was the most helpful and friendly receptionist we've met so far in our time in Scotland.
Top notch hotel, would return to Inverness for this hotel alone!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the spa building - I have no experience of the main hotel but this building was great for...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on Kingsmills Hotel.

I was delighted to read that we delivered for you in all areas of the hotel, quality service, food and beverage, comfort and character. I will ensure Daryl recieves your praise.

Kind Regards

Craig Ewan
Geeneral Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Enjoyed staying at the hotel in a garden room with my husband, son and two small dogs. Comfortable beds, hearty breakfast. Staff are lovely and go out of there way to ensure your stay is comfortable. =)

Room Tip: Garden rooms are great if your travelling with small dog as open directly onto grounds.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am glad you and your family enjoyed your recent stay. Our "Garden" rooms are our classic rooms with the addition of access to the inner garden via garden doors. Ideal if you have a small dog, or like sitting out in the garden / patio.

Haste ye back!

Kind Regards

Craig Ewan

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Most helpful people. Rubin was the best! Bed was huge! Room was spotless. Food was divine. If you have a choice go to the Club and Spa! Hated to leave. We had car trouble and he tripped all over himself to help. And he got us a malt to calm us down!

Room Tip: Go to the spa.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Luxury is the only way to describe this hotel, perfect bed, stacks of big towels,chocolates on a decorated tray, easy walk to main building for dinner.Dinner was perfect everything down to the starch linen tablecloths, I really didnot want to leave.

Room Tip: The new spa building is far better
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Lovely hotel, I had the room in the tower which was quaint.
Helpful staff, had an issue with the television in the room, they could not fix it, tried a replacement which too didn't work so offered me an alternative room, however this was in the building on the other side of the car park and as I was leaving the next morning I was happy to go without the television ... This however brings me to the negative: thinking I could pass some time on my Ipad, charging for Wi-Fi I thought was a disgrace especially in this day and age!!

Breakfast was very nice with great selection.

I would return to stay again but not if I have to pay to get internet access.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a great meal here the staff were amazing with a good sense of humour & we will be back but hopefully with a room overlooking the garden but when you book on line through one of the hotel guide sites you are not given the best area of the hotel though our room was good but the road was quite busy .I would have preferred to have had my breakfast served to me as " feeding from the trough" sorry but that is how I feel --is not quite ok when badly behaved children are running around as one is trying to get back to ones table not the childrens fault may I add!but if one was to spill hot food on the "little darlings " it would be my fault.

Room Tip: away from main road
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights in June and it was lovely.
For some reason when we arrived they said our reservation had been canceled. It had been an error on their part, which I understand happens. What I didn't care for was the way they spoke to us like we should be very grateful they were able to fit us in anyway.
The room was pleasant and clean. It was odd that they charged for wifi in the rooms. We had dinner in the lounge area one night and it was very good. We swam in the pool for a bit which was nice. The location was good for a walk to dinner and a short drive to Loch Ness.
We had a nice stay and I would recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family