My husband and I enjoyed our stay here for two nights a couple of weeks ago. I was a bit apprehensive as we went to our room as it was in the cottage and the entrance and stairs were in need of refurbishment. The stairs also were a bit of a challenge due to my height (I'm 6ft) and the sloping ceiling was low. However our room was excellent, overlooking the river with a huge freestanding bath in a separate room from the bedroom and toilet. There was also a small shower cubicle which I didn't use, again due to my height.
All the staff were courteous, friendly and eager to please. On our second night we had no hot water but a phone call to reception quickly remedied this and the duty manager visited our room to apologise and explain what the problem was.
We had dinner at Nicos both nights as part of our package and the food was delicious, We could not fault anything and again the waiting staff were helpful and attentive. Breakfast was also good and prepared to order.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return. In fact I have recommended the hotel to friends who are staying this weekend. I'm sure they will be equally impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glen Mhor Hotel offers Victorian townhouses and apartments located on the banks of the River Ness, a 3-minute walk from Inverness city centre and a 15-minute drive from Loch Ness. Accommodation is divided between 8 charming Victorian town houses (please advise reception if you have a building preference). Many rooms have wonderful views across the river to Inverness Cathedral and Eden Court Theatre Our in house bar restaurant - Nicky Tam's - offers a relaxed and casual atmosphere with a menu serving traditional Scottish food with the finest local produce, ales and premium spirits... The Ness Bank area is a charming conservation area in the city, set below the castle and opposite both The Eden Court Theatre and Inverness Cathedral. Glen Mhor is a 5-minute drive from the A9, 8 miles from Inverness Airport and a 10-minute walk from the train station. It is ideal for exploring Inverness and the surrounding Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments Inverness, Scotland
- Hotel Glen Mhor
- Inverness Hotel Glen Mhor
- Glen Mhor Inverness