We were booked into this hotel by our central booking agent and we will be recommending that to them that no one is booked in again.
The room was a twin with beds that would have been stretched to accommodate anyone bigger than an average woman - at best they were a single bed for a child. Generally the room was poorly furnished with no extra embellishments or pictures on walls etc. The staff were aware that we were booked in for business purposes yet the room had no space for a desk for us to work at .... there was a plinth in a recess which would have been adequate but for the fact that the chairs were too low. The TV and a chest of drawers were within the old fireplace which still a mantle over it. The small window was difficult to shut but this appears to have been an existing problem as attempts had been made to remedy this with insulating tape.
The bathroom door was no bigger than shoulder width so if you were of anything other than average you would have had to turn sideways to enter. The bathroom had been updated but to a poor standard with the bath being stained and the re-enamelling peeling. There was no hot or cold indicators on the bath taps which at minimum is a health and safety issue. Also the over the bath shower did not work to any adequate standard.
As we work in an organisation that cover the UK we stay in hotel on a regular basis and I can safely say that the last room I stayed in of this poor quality was approximately 20years ago.
At breakfast the waitress was helpful and happily changed a tepid coffee pot for a hot one - she also remembered our preferences on the second morning.
The above issues were raised with the accountant who was covering reception when we checked out and she noted these. Whilst appreciating that business people are not probably the core business of this hotel next time we will be booking into the Premier Inn across the river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glen Mhor Hotel offers Victorian townhouses and apartments located on the banks of the River Ness, a 3-minute walk from Inverness city centre and a 15-minute drive from Loch Ness. Accommodation is divided between 8 charming Victorian town houses (please advise reception if you have a building preference). Many rooms have wonderful views across the river to Inverness Cathedral and Eden Court Theatre Our in house bar restaurant - Nicky Tam's - offers a relaxed and casual atmosphere with a menu serving traditional Scottish food with the finest local produce, ales and premium spirits... The Ness Bank area is a charming conservation area in the city, set below the castle and opposite both The Eden Court Theatre and Inverness Cathedral. Glen Mhor is a 5-minute drive from the A9, 8 miles from Inverness Airport and a 10-minute walk from the train station. It is ideal for exploring Inverness and the surrounding Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments Inverness, Scotland
- Hotel Glen Mhor
- Inverness Hotel Glen Mhor
- Glen Mhor Inverness