Have stayed at the Glen Mhor three times now, but there won’t be a forth. It would be wrong to castigate the place entirely based on my review, however it may be helpful to watch for some pitfalls if thinking about staying here.
The rooms; are clean and of Blackpool B&B quality, that's not a slight on Blackpool it’s just good to know what you get behind the façade. I’ve stayed in a big ‘luxury’ room in the main building to a smaller ‘plaster board’ room in an annex. Both soulless and depressingly dull, two things that Blackpool does not suffer from.
The people; as usual most of the people are great, don't even be fooled by the dour first impression of the resident barman, he is a good man and warms with conversation. It’s a shame that some of the ‘front of house’ staff are so sniffy. A Spanish sounding lady made our last arrival such a bad experience, very dismissive of simple requests and with the manners of a stoat.
So, it’s your money and your choice, just treat this place as good location, 1970’s rooms, shame about some of the staff (countered by some warm friendly folk) and overblown sense of it’s own worth. Too many other nicer places in/around Inverness to mention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glen Mhor Hotel offers Victorian townhouses and apartments located on the banks of the River Ness, a 3-minute walk from Inverness city centre and a 15-minute drive from Loch Ness. Accommodation is divided between 8 charming Victorian town houses (please advise reception if you have a building preference). Many rooms have wonderful views across the river to Inverness Cathedral and Eden Court Theatre Our in house bar restaurant - Nicky Tam's - offers a relaxed and casual atmosphere with a menu serving traditional Scottish food with the finest local produce, ales and premium spirits... The Ness Bank area is a charming conservation area in the city, set below the castle and opposite both The Eden Court Theatre and Inverness Cathedral. Glen Mhor is a 5-minute drive from the A9, 8 miles from Inverness Airport and a 10-minute walk from the train station. It is ideal for exploring Inverness and the surrounding Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments Inverness, Scotland
- Hotel Glen Mhor
- Inverness Hotel Glen Mhor
- Glen Mhor Inverness