“Rooms not in hotel”

Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Rooms not in hotel”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Would suggest if staying in a hotel important then best to phone before booking as this hotel does not give refunds.
The website does not make clear that the superior rooms are in the cottage which involves crossing an open courtyard to use the hotel.
The manager and I disagreed over the rooms being classed as in the hotel ,I would book this hotel again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank likes2travel50
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We are sorry to hear of your disappointment.
Our hotel is Victorian style hotel divided by five buildings. All our bedrooms have been refurbished and decorated recently. The strength of the Glen Mhor Hotel is its character, its style and its location. All our superior rooms have a river view and offer extra space but most of them are not in the main building.
However we take into consideration your comments. We will use your feedback as part of our on-going commitment to improve.
Yours sincerely.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
buckie
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Gel Mhor and I was more than happy with my stay . The room we had overlooked the river,was clean comfortable and cosy. One small gripe would be the lighting in our room,I am not big on make up but i really struggled to see when getting ready for our night out. Perhaps this is something the owners could address for the future.
Breakfast was good served by friendly efficient staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your kind review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Glen Mhor Hotel and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Ireland
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night: close to railway station ; attracted by great value; some reviews complained about the bed size but I had no problem! Cosy room, nice restaurant attached : gave voucher for free drink if ate there. Great price for single room with breakfast !

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Many thanks for your kind review.

Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

My company booked me into the Glen Mhor for two separate weeks whilst working in the area & I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Hotel is extremely well located for city centre & has excellent views over the River Ness. I had two different rooms during my stays, one in Riverside building & another in Cottage - both very comfortable & well equipped. The hotel is spread over several adjacent buildings with reception, restaurant & bar in one central building.

Ate in the restaurant a couple of times, which was nice, if a little on the pricey side. Breakfast was very good, with choice of continental buffet plus a range of cooked dishes. All staff were friendly & helpful throughout my stays. All in all, cannot fault my stays at the hotel & hope to return soon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Many thanks for your very kind review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
best regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

i stayed at the glen mhor with my daughter in feb this year .I booked through Expedia as I have used them before I booked a twin room. when we arrived at the hotel we were advised that our room was not ready until 3 o clock advised to go and have a walk round town we had been up since 5 that morning when we finally got our room we were advised that it was not in the hotel itself but in an building adjacent I complaned that as far as I was aware I had booked a room in the hotel and was told I could have a room in the main hotel if I was willing to pay for an upgrade as I was so tired Im an oap and disabled we decided to have a look at the room offered it meant we had to come out of 1 building and into another for breakfast the carpet going up to the room was dirty and the paintwork chipped everywhere room was a double actually 2 single beds pushed together weeeee decided to have room service for breakfast it arriveed uncovered and cold complained arrived again this time covered but had been put in an oven as the plates were too hot to touch complained to manager emmanuel who was extremely rude and offered to take the price of breakfast off its not the first time but certainely the last I stayed with my grandaughter 2 years ago and again was put in different accomadition not what I booked The whole place is rundown and in need of a complete refurb a couple of pleasent staff especially Albert receptionest rude as is the manager do not be fooled by reviews another point they need to learn the meaning of SCOTTISH breaaakfast forgot to mention as a direct result of their full reheated scottish breakfast both myself and my daughter spent most of the day on the loo.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank oap202
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
We are sorry to hear about disappointment
We sincerely tried our best to please you during your stay. We obviously failed.
We will take the time to review the comments made and we will use your feedback as part of our on-going commitment to improve.
Yours sincerely,

Travellers are raving about these Inverness hotels

Reading
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The rooms in this hotel seem to have had a recent makeover and are very clean, spacious and sumptuous. The bar and restaurant however seem to be awaiting their own makeover as they are a stark contrast to the bedrooms. However don't let the decor put you off as the food is excellent and well worth ignoring the surrounds for....try the mussels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FargoReading
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Many thanks for your positive comments.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We now have refurbished all our bedrooms and will very soon upgrade our restaurant with new furniture and new decor.
The glen Mhor keeps improving year on year! ... and we won't stop.
We look froward to welcoming you again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

A family of four arrived for the weekend to spent some time in Inverness. We were allocated a ground floor apartment which we immediately wanted to change as it was adjacent to a public walkway . We were given the apartment above which I have to say was more suitable (no one walking passed having a look in) the well equipped two bed roomed accommodation maybe a little tired in places scratches and scuffs in areas but clean bedding and spacious . The banister certainly needs to be looked at as it is a not to secure. Also returning to the apartment in the dark is not to great there should be some lighting in the walkway. Some negatives but the positive out way them and would not put me off using this accommodation again.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jan123456
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
We will be taking into consideration your comments for any further development.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Best regards