“Will Be Back!”

Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Arrived late to Glen Mohr on Saturday, February 22nd - met by friendly and very helpful staff! Restaurant was pretty expensive and not alot to choose from on the menu but was good and welcomed after a long drive from Edinburgh.
Rooms were quaint, clean and very nice although our particular room had no internet and antenna wasn't working properly so no TV. I commented on it the next day and they promptly gave us a better room with a view of Edinburgh castle - helped us move everything and apologized for inconvenience!
If I ever come to Scotland again (and I hope I will) I will definitely stay here!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor and for sharing your comments with other travelers. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We will be taking your comments into consideration for any further improvement.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed very recently in one of the apartments, it was very clean, cosy and just like a home from home. No set meal times, I could make my food when I wanted.

Only a couple of negatives, one being the wifi, it's not constant, really struggled to get a signal. I was in Inverness for work purposes and needed instant internet access. I ended up using my phone as a wifi hotspot.

The other being a washing machine right through the wall to the apartment I was in, yes bedding etc has to be changed but it was very loud and rattled every glass in the cupboard, being only 5'2" I couldn't reach the glasses to move them.

Even with that I would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone I knew was visiting the town.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Many thanks for your kind review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will take your comments into consideration.
Your sincerely,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have just spent two nights at this hotel and we will not be back, despite the Manager's assurance that next time he will ensure we are well looked after. Surely it would be better to ensure all guests were always well looked after. The room we were allocated, two floors up in the attic of a building situated alongside the main building, was claustrophobic and cramped. The flight of stairs leading to the room required some maintenance. My husband had to duck just to get in the bedroom door and the coombed ceiling meant we had limited head room. The en suite was very small and ill equipped and the floor would have benefited from a good clean. Breakfast was served in the main building, which meant a trek across the courtyard, not the best on a wet windy morning. We should have saved ourselves a trip as the food served was terrible, I could not eat the food on the first morning as it was cold and overcooked and the pancakes served on the second morning would have made excellent soles for my boots and were returned to the kitchen. In my opinion no hotel kitchen or chef should be serving this quality of food to their guests. According to the Manager we should have complained on arrival if we were not happy with our room and we would have been allocated another. Why not give us a decent room in the first place Glen Mhor Hotel? We had a busy weekend planned with a full schedule and should not have to spend our time complaining about a service we paid good money for.

Room Tip: Book a room elsewhere
1  Thank Cath013
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment and would like to add that this is not representative of the Glen Mhor hotel.
Our hotel is a Victorian style hotel divided by five buildings. All our bedrooms have been refurbished and decorated recently.
However we take into consideration your comments. We will use your feedback as part of our on-going commitment to improve.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for on night in February 2014. Our room was modern with a nice bathroom. We overlooked the river which was beautifully lit up at night. In the morning we had a nice cooked breakfast in the dinning room which was beautiful and full of original features.

One of the managers was particularly helpful and all the staff were very polite. Overall a lovely staff in a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
glenmhormanager, Manager at Glen Mhor Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Many thanks for your kind review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Glen Mhor Hotel and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Would suggest if staying in a hotel important then best to phone before booking as this hotel does not give refunds.
The website does not make clear that the superior rooms are in the cottage which involves crossing an open courtyard to use the hotel.
The manager and I disagreed over the rooms being classed as in the hotel ,I would book this hotel again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank likes2travel50

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment.
Our hotel is Victorian style hotel divided by five buildings. All our bedrooms have been refurbished and decorated recently. The strength of the Glen Mhor Hotel is its character, its style and its location. All our superior rooms have a river view and offer extra space but most of them are not in the main building.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Gel Mhor and I was more than happy with my stay . The room we had overlooked the river,was clean comfortable and cosy. One small gripe would be the lighting in our room,I am not big on make up but i really struggled to see when getting ready for our night out. Perhaps this is something the owners could address for the future.
Breakfast was good served by friendly efficient staff.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed one night: close to railway station ; attracted by great value; some reviews complained about the bed size but I had no problem! Cosy room, nice restaurant attached : gave voucher for free drink if ate there. Great price for single room with breakfast !

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo