“A must when in Inverness”

Kool Runnings Inverness
Ranked #31 of 259 Restaurants in Inverness
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Jamaican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fully Licensed Bar & Kitchen, serving traditional Caribbean food (as well as some homely Scottish favorites) We also offer a range of wines, beers, spirits and an excellent selection of rums from all around the Caribbean Islands. Come and join us for lunch, dinner or even just a refreshing glass of Jamaican Rum Punch!
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Been walking past for a few months, wish I visited in months ago, food delicious and authentic, not as hot as the food I had in Jamaica, which is a good thing! Restaurant well decorated and the music set the mood! Staff first class

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Having just missed my train and with 2 hours to spare decided to try this one out, as it's so contrite Jamaican food in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. And it was good. The weather was beautiful so sat outside, but had a look inside. It is definitely colourful and a tribute to the great Mr Marley. The lovely Scottish lady was a bit of a contrast to the reggae theme, but it's Inverness and not Edinburgh breaming with Rastas , but she was very nice and that's the point. As it was only a casual afterwork late lunch/early dinner I skipped starters and went for the Jerk Chicken - very nice choice, spicy, tender, juicy with just the right amount of sticky , tasty jerk sauce. And the best part , sweet potatoes I love sweet potatoes but they are almost never to find in restaurants or bars. This ones were baked to perfection and nicely seasoned. Side salad - nice addition nothing to write about. For my part should I be in Inverness again with time to spare this will be definitely my place of choice. And it's inexpensive as well. Recommend!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Having not eaten Jamaican food before I cannot comment on its food authenticity, however I can comment on its amazing taste! The Jerk Chicken was wonderful and fell off the bone, the portion size was good as well. Recommended you try this and you wont be dissapointed.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly restaurant, great music, lots of choices of different meals. Had the curried goat meal and sweet potato pudding, absolutely delicious. Son loved it and left with a rasta hat!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Ordering here was rediculously awful. A mess from beginning to end. While ordering I had to talk to 3 different people because of a language barrier and a lack of knowledge on company polilcy. When the order arrived they had brought one of the 4 mains wrong and had not included the free dessert that had been promised on the promotional flyer and that I had asked about over the phone beforehand. When I called them they said that the delivery boy was no longer there and that if we were in town on the next day we could come in and get them. We then asked if we could come pick them up and they said yes. Only to arrive there and they gave us one tiny dessert even though the flyer clearly states one dessert per diner. They refused to give us more, so we left. Furthermore, they had lied about the dellivery boy not being there as he was sitting in the restaurant and his moped was outside. Makes me think it wasnt even a mistake. On top of all this, the fried plantaines were disgusting (and soggy) and the food was actually quite expensive (8 pounds for fried chicken and chips??). Definitely not going back ever again

1  Thank Xakib