“Always of a good standard”
Review of Cafe Artysans

Cafe Artysans
Ranked #4 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Inverness
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Delivering high quality, freshly prepared food and freshly roasted coffee, Cafe Artysans is an innovative social enterprise. Whilst delivering a high quality product, Cafe Artysans is helping young people throughout the area to develop the skills required for successful onward progression into sustainable work or vocational training.
Dunblane
“Always of a good standard”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have visited Artysans on a number of occasions and are impressed each time with the quality of the food and the friendly service. The food is interesting and well presented, all at a very reasonable price. We will be back and thoroughly recommend it to others who are looking for an informal lunch.

• Visited May 2014

Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely Cafe”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Went here for a light lunch and was very impressed by the standard of food, the service and the menu choice. We each had soup served with a cheese scone and they were delicious. If we stayed in Inverness we would be regulars here.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Granderbob
Sudbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good simple fare”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Sometimes you just want a meal. Nothing flashy or elaborate. Just good food, well cooked and unobtrusively served. We stumbled upon Café Artysans and it provided exactly what we wanted. Unpretentious, reasonably priced, well furnished with a couple of cosy corners for those who wanted just coffee or tea or something lighter. A little off the main streets but worth finding. We'd doubtless be regulars if we lived nearby .

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Charming Cafe”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I adored this cafe and its staff members. I came here due to a review I had seen on a hotel site and I wasn't disappointed! The found was so yummy and I left almost rolling out the door I was so full! I had the poached eggs with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and toast and also got their specialty hot chocolate. All I can say is YUM! Perfectly cooked.

I was the first customer of the day arriving right as they had opened to get breakfast before a tour. The cafe is right around the corner from the bus station and easily accessible. The staff who are learning some great new skills are very pleasant and attentive and want to do a good job. I will definitely recommend this cafe to anyone who wants to visit Inverness and I hope to make it back again one day in the future!

• Visited March 2014
Tain, United Kingdom
“A Cafe which changes lives and serves good coffee”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My heading at first might seem OTT but hopefully you will realise why it's not. Artysans is a bright, comfortable café/coffee shop 2 minutes from Inverness Bus Station. It has comfy chairs and intimate little tables, serves good coffee/tea, snacks, cakes and has free Wi-Fi.

That's just the start. It's run by the Calman Trust and is a Social Enterprise. These bright, attentive, helpful young people on the staff weren't always like that. Each one has had to undertake a lot of training and overcome considerable hurdles and their presence in the café is proof of their determination to succeed and the success of the Calman training process. They may have arrived with little going for them but they leave with qualifications and work experience which makes them an asset to any employer. Now you perhaps understand why I say it changes lives.

I use Artysans for business meetings in Inverness city centre. It is handy and easy for a visitor to find. I know the tea/coffee, snacks and cakes will be good and the staff will do a good job. I will be back in a week or so. How often do we get a chance to literally help change lives just by having a coffee?

• Visited February 2014