“Great pub”
Review of The Castle Tavern

The Castle Tavern
Ranked #14 of 261 Restaurants in Inverness
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Built in the mid 1700’s, The Castle Tavern has kept its traditional feel and charm from centuries past. Not only does it overlook the River Ness, the Tavern sits across from the Inverness Castle and the start/finish of the Great Glen Way trail. You can no doubt enjoy some of the best views Inverness has to offer. The venue boasts a bar, first floor restaurant and a beer garden. A Real Ale bar and restaurant serving freshly prepared food made from the best locally sourced ingredients (daily specials available).
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Good food, friendly staff, good choice of real ales, great location. Everything a pub should be. Whenever we visit Inverness we always head to the Castle.

1  Thank ClaretwithBlue
There are newer reviews for The Castle Tavern

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Good Food and service, restaurant is on the 2nd floor, Pub on the lower floor, Friday Night for dinner, very busy,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had lunch for my mothers birthday and all the staff were very friendly and the price was really good!!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The 2 for £11.95 special, that lasts until 5:00 is fantastic. Great selection and preparation. Wonderful atmosphere and nice selection of real ales. Hard to beat. The service was exceptional with the bartender taking time to get us a map and give us good directions out of the city, which is undergoing a lot of road construction and detours.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This restaurant seemed to give me the bare minimum of effort possible. they seemed to just want to get me in, sit me down, make me pay and get me out. I don't know if this was a one off but it wasn't the most pleasant experience ever.