Ballifeary Guest House
US$212
US$194
US$228
US$283
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$188
  • Pool
US$158
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe rivercity centreporridgequiet streetexcellent hostsstayed here for nightshelped us planloch ness marathoncooked to perfectionshower curtainperfect place to stayfull scottish breakfastbrilliant staywarm welcomeeden courtfront of the houselovely guesthouse
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Excellent guest house and excellent hosts. Nice room, very well decorated and had a pleasant homely feeling. Breakfast was also excellent. Inverness is a good place to visit, plenty to do and see. Ballifeary is in easy walking distance of the town, so easy to find somewhere to eat and drink.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Who needs a hotel when there are guest houses as good as this one. Absolutely faultless. Excellent hosts, superbly presented accommodation throughout, every need catered for. The breakfast was to die for too. The location is perfect for exploring Inverness and surrounds. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Room was huge, modern, and clean. Greeted at the door, I felt like family at this bed and breakfast! Breakfast was absolutely wonderful. If you are staying in Inverness, this is an excellent choice of accommodations! Really fabulous!

Room Tip: Room #2 was beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edmondattorney
Reviewed 2 March 2013

What a quaint and comfortable little find. It was perfectly positioned for our evening out in Inverness. The rooms were clean, though some what dated. Our hostess most amiable and friendly and her breakfasts were fabulous. We had a wonderful night's sleep and will go back again if we get the chance.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HotelPoppie
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I only stayed one night, stopping off at Inverness to break up a long journey. I couldn't fault the cleanliness, comfort and quietness of my room. I was pleased to be upgraded to a double room, having booked a single; the room (number two) was very well provisioned. Touches such as a hot water bottle (though the room was nicely heated), mineral water and a proper teapot were appreciated. The bed was excellent: firm, and with a sensible midweight duvet (many hotels nowadays seem to provide supertog quilts which leave one suffering from heat stroke) plus spare blankets.

My hosts were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great: being a vegetarian I didn't pay attention to fleshy options but enjoyed very generous portions of poached egg, mushrooms and tomatoes, plus good quality toast, freshly-brewed coffee and home-made marmalade.

I am of the opinion that style of decor is of less importance than cleanliness and comfort, but for those who are interested, I would describe the Ballifeary as classic rather than minimalist/boutiquish or quaint.

I'm giving the location a "very good" rather than "excellent" location grading on the basis that there are other properties slightly nearer the centre of Inverness. But this is of course subjective depending on what one wants to be near, so I would not want prospective guests to be put off by this. The location is actually only a ten minute (very pleasant) walk alongside the river from the town centre (a twenty minute walk from the train station), and is very convenient for the Eden Court arts centre, and not too far from the Floral Hall. A definite location plus is the Ballifeary's situation in a residential side street: very peaceful.

My one tiny suggestion for improvement (diva that I am) would be to have herbal teas such as peppermint or camomile available in the bedroom (though I am confident that, given they could be had at breakfast, they would have been supplied had I asked).

All in all, very good value for money and definitely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo