“Awful!!!”

Cuisines: British
Description: Was an old little chef restaurant now a fish and chip shop cafe
Description: Was an old little chef restaurant now a fish and chip shop cafe
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Called in on the evening of Friday 7th March 2014, the day they re-opened under new management, as it's nice to support a new venture - but I won't be back.
Very slow service, although not busy.
2 girls doing frying had hair tied back but no hairnet or hat; manageress was also dishing up food from the fryer and her shoulder length hair wasn't even tied back. Environmental health department would not be happy.
After waiting quite some time, I was served frozen chips (??? never been to a chippy that doesn't use fresh potatoes) and the fish was just tasteless.
Standard pricing made very poor value by quality of produce used.
If they can't make the effort the day they open, they never will.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The wrong pic is up for this restaurant. It is painted red with metal shutters on the front.

When this originally opened, after closing as a Little Chef, the food was brilliant. It was always full, & you had to Q for up to 15 mins just for a takeaway. Lived near it at the time, & so went there for a takeaway every couple of months.

Went in there one night & the 2 assistants were arguing (banter) over who cooked the best fish & chips. Each cooked one of the 2 portions we were given. One was just ok, the other peely-wally & undercooked. Have bought takeaways there 4 times since, & the quality has just gradually declined. From how greasy the food is, I imagine that the oil isn't reaching the required temperature.

Rarely see it open nowadays, & when it is, it is empty. Such a shame, as it is perfectly placed for a restaurant/takeaway, with plenty of parking. I keep hoping that someone will open a Chinese there, as we are sorely lacking them in this area.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Excellent food served promptly by happy staff. Good and clean surroundings with adequate parking. On the A96 just outside Forres. Excellent food with batter on the fish far excelling that of another establishment in the locality. We will be back.

1  Thank FDilston
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Excellent service and huge portions! Fries need a little work, but that seems to be a nationwide problem

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have stopped at this chipper twice in my life. These two hour long experiences are by the far the most terrible things that have ever happened to me in my life.

My 'friend' took me to this place both times on our way home from the music festival rockness in a manner that 'its so bad thats its good'. Well I assure it is NOT good. The food is inedible. The place is depressing.

On one occasion the staff gave my friend an extra jumbo sausage, 2 for the price of one. This was not a kind gesture; instead of having to struggle through one crusty sausage shaped piece of cardboard, this horrible person wanted him to struggle through 2. NIT!

My friend is wanting to stop at this place again this year. If this happens then he will no longer be friend.

4  Thank nae_happy82