“Conference Trip”
Review of Invernevis B&B

Invernevis B&B
Ranked #22 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2013

First time I had ever stayed in a B&B and I have to say I am converted. I hope all B&Bs are as nice as this one. Firstly, the owner is lovely, warm and welcoming and also very helpful. The decor inside of the house is exquisite and done to a high spec. The rooms were a good temperature and the shower was amazing in the ensuite. Also the owner leaves out complimentary teas, coffee sachets and lovely scottish biscuits in each room also each room has its own kettle - super handy. In addition to these lovely touches, there is a nice, fresh and fluffy bathrobe alongside towels in each room.

I was very lucky in that I had booked single room, but there had been too many people who had booked a single room and I was the first to arrive and therefore I got upgraded to a double room which was much more roomier, and having a ensuite bathroom was much more handier. Breakfast was amazing, first day I had the full Scottish breakfast which was really delicious. Second morning I sampled the great range of cereals and muselli that she had on offer and nice fruit juices. Next time I am in Inverness I will definitely be back.

The B&B is also on a quiet road so you will not be disturbed by traffic. I was attending a conference at the Eden Centre and the B&B was a short 15 minute walk away. However, next time I come I hope it is for a romantic getaway rather than work related.

Room Tip: Choose the double bedroom on the top floor facing the road for more space, and also I'm told to...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank A C

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Yes I have got to agree with all the reviews on this lovely B&B.....location,food,rooms,parking all first class.
Shella recommended the Kitchen restaurant overlooking the River Ness and we were certainly not disappointed,great view,great food,great staff (and a complimentary vino thanks to Shella)....rounded off our overnight stay fantastically............thank you very muckle for everything.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank harty0707
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Shella is a wonderful host who goes the extra mile to ensure all have a wonderful stay. This is a lovely property and very good taste has been shown in decorating the house to a very high standard. Top quality beds with top notch linen etc, spotlessly clean. Excellent breakfast with wide choice of quality food. Easy level walk into town. With all these well deserved excellent reviews why the Invernevis is not nearer the top of list for Inverness B&B's we don't know, especially bearing in mind Shella's very reasonable rates.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank slimmerthanever
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Shella is a wonderful, welcoming, switched on host, the location is easy walking distance from the centre, everythong is spotless and well appointed. Chocolates to welcome you, wi-fi and a great breakfast. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LolaTS52
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Invernevis as it was a perfect location for our trip. It is an east stroll to Inverness centre and a great base for driving further afield. The room was spotlessly clean and well appointed as was the house itself. There were nice quality toiletries in the bathroom and bathrobes provided. Shella the host is very welcoming and friendly. I booked this B and B because it was well rated and it still exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank gareth g
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed 2 lovely nights at this B&B. Shella was very welcoming and friendly. Room was very bright and clean and comfortable and bed was extremely comfortable. Bath robes and chocolates were in the room along with some lovely biscuits with the tea and coffee. Breakfast in morning was a full cooked meal or a choice of cereals, yoghurt and fruit. B&B is close to town centre and not too far to walk. Canal also just up the road which has a nice walkway. I would certainly stay here again if I am up in Inverness and would totally recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Fifeduo19
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our usual hotels in Inverness were over-booked, however one suggested Invernevis B&B, the receptionist contacted the proprietor on our behalf and managed to secure a room for the three nights required.
On arrival, we were made very welcome by Shella, Proprietor who let us view the room reserved as after 4 & 5 star hotels we were a little apprehensive, these feelings were immediately put aside when we found that the quality in every respect compared more than favourably with our hotels.
Shella recommended a restaurant for our evening meal and arranged a table, there we were again made very welcome as a result of the introduction. Meal was out of this world.

After a most comfortable night and use of the top-class En-Suite facilities, we had our first breakfast, an experience to behold-all locally sourced produce perfectly prepared. The rest of our stay certainly changed our views on B&B accommodation. The Star rating given is totally justified. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: We had room 2, but all the double rooms have en-suite facilities, modern TV's, tea, coffee &...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple