Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
US$280
US$191
US$185
US$200
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$159
Orbitz.com
US$120
PremierInn.com
1,581 results
All reviewsthe riverstarbucks coffeevalet servicesteam roomswimming poolleisure facilitiescoach partiescar parkleisure clublovely hotela river view roomrestaurant staffan upgradecity centrehuge bedbooked this hotelgreat room
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This hotel was a BIG DISSAPOINTMENT! Interesting exterior, lobby ok, good location, staff were "ok", but once checked in was a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE - WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT OR EVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!
I booked it for two main reasons, proximity to Eden Court Theatre (where I was attending a concert), and the Best Western name (which I hoped would assure some sort of quality control - ha). Thankfully I was only there for a short stay. It was indeed a good location, but the room was HORRIBLE. As a single traveler I didn't book a big room, but still didn't expect such a claustrophobic closet with tiny lumpy bed, very musty smelling bathroom with a leaky toilet that didn't always flush but kept running. Thin walls, very noisy, so no sleep impacted travel plans... Internet did NOT work in the room - AT ALL. Stay away!!!! SHAME ON THEM FOR RENTING OUT SUCH A ROOM - "Palace"?!

Room Tip: Don't book a single room unless you've just been released from prison and are used to a tiny cell and very bad conditions.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank SoCalTraveler2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to complete a review on the Palace Hotel in Inverness.

I’m sorry you felt you had such a bad stay at the hotel, if possible could you please contact me at the hotel directly where we could discuss these matters further.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Great location right by the river Ness and a lovely old building. Now the bad bits, our room was a shabby disgrace, the window rattled non stop, the minute bathroom was very dated, with chips out of the bath and a ancient shower which could not easily be adjusted and no extractor fan for condensation. The toliet seat wobbled due to broken supports and no safety shower mat provided making the shower dangerous to use. Whilst the food was very good, the same could not be said of the service which was very poor. Your food was virtually thrown at you. We gave up on ordering drinks with our meal after the 2nd night, and got our own from the bar. I saw many other guests doing the same, and once you had finished eating you were asked to move out for the next sitting. I believe there were 3 sittings for dinner!! Breakfast was quite simply chaos!! Tea & coffe would arrive as you finished eating, toast likewise. Clearly they had far too many guests to cope with.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Plymstockboy

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed here for a couple of nights whilst working in Inverness. The location of this hotel is very good, right on the river opposite the castle. This means its central but a little quieter than staying on the other side of the river. Depending on the price I may stay here again, although I thought it was expensive for a single room.
The room itself was very clean and had a huge bed, no Sky Sports only freeview in the rooms. Hotel provides free parking onsite, hotel has a gym which is pretty basic, the pool is a decent size and these facilities are available free to guests. The staff were very friendly and attentive at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in completing a review on the Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa

I’m glad to hear your enjoyed your stay at the Palace hotel. I noticed in your review that you are a corporate client, if you wish to discuss a rate while you are in the Inverness area please feel free to contact my directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

We were on a Great Rail Journey Holiday - Highland Adventure and we stayed at
the" Palace Hotel". It is central for the city and is located on the river Ness.
It is ideally situated to explore the city or for a walk along the river where there are bars and restaurants.
The hotel was rated 3* but should be rated higher.The en-suite bedroom, overlooking the Ness river, was large with a super King size bed, arm chairs and coffee in the bay window
Meals were served in the huge restauaunt. Breakfast - There was a huge choice, fruit, cereals and a variety of cooked breakfasts. Evening Meal - was 3 course waiter service with a varied menu .
Either side of the foyer were lounge arears, where drinks were served
There was also a swimming pool and multi-gym.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christopher n

Dear Guest

It was so nice to read you had a delightful stay at the hotel while traveling with Greatrail Journeys. I was glad that you enjoyed your large room and appreciated the stunning view onto the castle. I was also glad to read that you really enjoyed the food, our staff service and the leisure club.

Thank you for your kind words and hope to welcome you back again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

This was our second visit to the Palace in a riverside room with a wonderful view of the river and castle. The rooms are clean and comfortable and although we only had breakfast in the hotel the food was good and the staff friendly. There is a fitness centre and an excellent swimming pool. The hotel is over 100 years old and would benefit from a little maintenance to the exterior but dont let that put you off, its a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I’m so glad to read you have come back to the Palace Hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace Hotel in the near future