we stayed at the Palace Hotel with our 2 teenagers and as they are getting too old for the pull out beds in family rooms, asked the hotel for advice when booking. She suggested getting the interconnecting rooms with the second one given at half price. Was a wee bit wary about the hotel as quite a few negative reviews but was definately very pleasantly surprised. Could not fault the hotel on any level.
Rooms were both identical with HUGE double beds (more comfortable than our own!!), flat screen tvs and tea making facilities. Very clean, very roomy and well equipped rooms. Plenty towels and also little extras like shampoo, shower gel etc. The showers also fantastic and powerful. We didnt have a view to speak of but that is never important to us on short trips and anyway when in the room it was mainly dark outside.
Arrived at the hotel after a day of paintballing and had planned a quick dip in the pool before heading out to cinema in the evening before dinner but the pool was so inviting that we skipped the cinema and made use of the pool, jacuzzi. steam room and sauna.
Didnt eat dinner at the hotel but the menu did look very good and prices were not expensive but location of hotel was very central and so we headed out across the river.
Breakfast next day also lovely, few minutes to wait for a table but the staff kept coming over letting us know it wouldnt be long, no problem. Did run out of a few breakfast items but again staff very willing to cook up more. Partly our fault anyway as we didnt arrive for breakfast until 15 minutes before the end.
Myself and my daughter had a few spa treatments, again very reasonably priced and highly recommended for relaxing (def go for a massage) Spa doesnt usually open on a sunday but as she had no space on saturday and had some free time on sunday the owner took our booking and gave us her full attention. Most impressed.
My daughter also used the gym which was well equipped with one of everything. Not too busy either.
Every member of staff in all areas, (reception, leisure centre, spa, restaurant, valet etc) very friendly and polite, nothing too much trouble.
All in all would definately recommend this hotel and will definately be going back, maybe for a girlie weekend nearer christmas or again with the family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a warm and friendly welcome at the stylish 3 star Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa in the heart of Inverness. Located on the banks of the River Ness overlooking the Castle it is just a few minutes walk to the town centre. You'll enjoy a fresh and contemporary hotel with a choice of dining in Eight on the River or the Brasserie. You can sit back and relax with a Starbucks Coffee and surf the web for free. As well as a lovely selection of bedrooms from Classic rooms to period River View rooms with a lovely view towards the Castle. You will enjoy a relaxing break in stylish surroundings with extras including FREE Wifi, Free Car Parking and a superb upgraded Leisure Club with 50 foot swimming pool and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel Inverness
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel And Spa
- Inverness Best Western
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa Scotland