“Great value”

Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in November 2010. We booked through Hotel Connections and got a cracking room rate for dinner, bed and breakfast. Despite the weather we had a lovely stay and felt warm and cosy throughout our time in the hotel. The room was spacious with a high ceiling and a massive bed which was a big bonus as my partner is 6ft 3inch tall. A really good central location right on the river front and we even had a river view from our room. Dinner was of a good standard and full Scottish breakfast was AMAZING especially the haggis. Leisure facilities were available as was wi-fi which ticked additional boxes for us. All in all a fabby weekend away from it all in good surroundings, with decent food and a nice atmosphere. We are happy to recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
TMilton, Sales Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel from a stay you had with us in November 2010.

The effort you have made is very much appreciated and I'm glad to see tht you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sales Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Had a great time here, we were booked in somewhere else but cut our stay short and travelled into inverness instead, we made the right choice!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I'd glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be coming back again to us in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Pleasantly surprised , Location spot on , good condition throughout , good size rooms, very welcoming , staff very nice , clean and tidy hotel, breakfast good , best liesure facilities in inverness . Very close to excellent ,but slight down side , allowing pets and no sky tv (just 5 or 6 channels on freeview ) But if staying in inverness again this hotel would still be my first choice

Room Tip: we stayed in the newer part of the hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Samsam48
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We recently stayed at the palace hotel room was fantastic staff could,nt be more help full

Facilities were top notch and would definetly stay there again. Well worth the money

Room Tip: If you want a view to remember ask for a room with the bay windows
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

I love coming to Inverness on business although the Thistle is my hotel of choice normally as the service is very good and the Otium Leisure Club is very, very nice.

Upon unpacking my work stuff and logging onto the free (thank you) Wi-Fi, it would appear Big Brother has decided what adult sites I may or may not visit! This is frankly irritating and I do not like to be censored. So, acceptable though the hotel is, I think I will ensure I get to the Thistle in future as I don't think they treat their guests like minors there. The WiFi is also free there. Disappointed...

Room Tip: book the Thistle...
2  Thank cameron4135

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel

I'm sorry you didn't find our wi-fi to your liking, as we take families into the hotel we block certain sites to stop any mishaps happening.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Stayed one night in December. Called late by phone and got a very decent bed and breakfast rate. Pleasant welcome but car park very small. They have a free valet service however which was fine. Room small with a double bed but very clean and all that was needed for a one night stay. Hotel lovely and warm which was important in December. Breakfast was fine and self service in the main restaurant which did feel a little cold in the morning. The overall stay for the rate I got was fine - I would have been a little less pleases if I had paid the rack rate. The hotel is well placed for the town centre. I would certainly go back if I could get a similar rate.

2  Thank Millport18

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to read a review on the Palace Hotel

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Having had a run-in with the owners of the Columba Hotel right next door (Oxford Hotels) over an unresolved complaint from a stay two weeks before, I decided to stay at the Palace for the first time and with two business colleagues who’d travelled up from London. This proved to be a good decision with very well-furnished and clean rooms, an attractive interior generally, good breakfast and fairly friendly staff. Only criticism would be that one or two of the young staff seemed a bit disinterested. But overall a very good hotel and the best I’ve found in Inverness to date.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Palace Hotel.

I'm glad to read that you and your collegues enjoyed you stay but apologise if the staff seemed disinterested. I will certainly pass on your comment to each department manager who will look into this.

I hope to welocme you back to the hotel in the near future