Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
1,563 results
All reviewsthe riverstarbucks coffeevalet servicesteam roomswimming poolleisure facilitiescoach partiescar parkleisure clublovely hotela river view roomrestaurant staffan upgradecity centrehuge bedbooked this hotelgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed overnight here in a top floor room that overlooked the castle.Lovely view,lovely room.Everything was spotless,big comfy clean bed,modern bathroom with toiletries,and there was two bottles of spring water,tea and coffee making facilities and shortbread.The room was also fine and warm as was the rest of the hotel.The swimming pool,sauna,steam room and jacuzzi were lovely,its open from 7am-9pm,they gave you towels for this so no need to bring your own.My hubby and myself also both had a back massage at the beauticians in the hotel and both enjoyed it.There is a gym there as well which if we had been staying longer we would have gone to.Apparantly if you have not taken your swimming so stumpers with you,they hire them as well.Also,if you forget toiletries I read in the book in the room they have all sorts of toiletries free of charge.you can also bring your pet with you as long as you take their own bed,someone had a dog with them along the corridor from us,but it didn't make a noise at all,in fact we had a great sleep.The breakfast was really good,staff very polite and friendly,as they were throughout the hotel,the reception staff were especially jolly and helpful.the Wifi was the best I've seen in a hotel,usually it's not that great,but we were top floor,and there was no connection problems whatsoever.I took my iPad with me anyway,but I read in the info book that Laptops can be borrowed for just a deposit.There were irons and ironing boards in the rooms too,if perhaps you were going to a special do.They even have brollies in case of a down pour!!! There is Starbucks coffee and cakes in the lounge from early on to late at night,and you can get soups and sandwiches etc in the lounge at lunchtime and there are evening meals too.We got the feeling that nothing was too much trouble for the staff at the palace.I would definately get a luxury room though,with a nice view,depends on what you want,I'm sure the basic rooms would still be clean and up to standard but I can't vouch for this.Our only gripe was the parking,or I would have given full marks.Small crowded car park,and if there are no spaces the young lad takes your car and parks it in the reserved spaces in the car park beside the cathedral at the bottom of the road.But if something was to happen,while they are parking your car,they take no responsibility,so no matter if there is CCTV etc,you still have to hand over your keys to the hotel and they keep them until a space does come up,it's just a bit of an inconvenience.Of course you can always park the car yourself at the car park down the road,but it's far enough if you've got luggage.But that's our only gripe,we loved everything else about the Palace,and would very much like to come back soon for a weekend in lovely Inverness.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
TMilton, Sales Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

I'm really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

this hotel is right on the banks of the river ness so is in an excellent location for exploring inverness. Our room (112) at the back of the hotel had a view of some roof slates out of the window, but i assume the front rooms overlooking the river would have a much better view. Swimming pool and facilities were lovely, really nice to relax in. Bar area was nice in the evening as well.

Only complaints are that the walls are paper thin and doors slam loudly. We could hear conversations of people in the next rooms. This meant we did not get a good night's sleep. Also the breakfast was £9.95 per head which we thought was ridiculous, so went to the nearby tescos for a full breakfast at half the price!!

Overall, think this hotel was good but probably overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

I apologise you were disturbed by the room next to you and hope this didn't spoil you stay with us.

Hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sale s Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Situated almost in the centre of Inverness yet in the banks of the River Ness with aview accross to the castle. Good spacious warm rooms in the Wing with power shower in bathroom. Good choice of food on the fixed rate menu. Good lounge & bar facing river and all followed by an excellent breakfast. Friendly staff although a bit stretched in restaurant at breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
TMilton, Sales Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful and friendly.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

...they treated us so well. Absolutely classic warm highland welcome with a large room (no 020) that will be hard to beat in the city. What a great view across the river to the castle, and an absolutely enormous, luxurious bed. Best sleep I have had in ages topped off with a fantastic breakfast the following morning. The quality of the food and the selection available was impossible to criticise and the waiting staff were great.
Add to this that the pool and gym are modern, well equiped and attractive and you just about have the package
Both my wife and I are already thinking about a 4-5 day trip using this as our base.
I usually like to offer some constuctive criticism, but right now all I can say is how positive an impression every member of staff and every aspect of the hotel made on us. The only tiny thing was that parking spaces are at a premium - but this is ticked off the criticism list as the hotel offers a valet parking service at the nearby (secure) permit only cathedral car park.
Well done to all at the Palace Hotel and Spa!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view - brilliant!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
TMilton, Sales Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed here one night and also booked a meeting room here. Staff were generally helpful and friendly although they have a lot of coach business checking in and out and sometimes seemed overwhelmed. My room was large but freezing cold, radiator clunking but no heat. Was quickly sorted with a portable radiator brought to the room. Rooms at the back overlook the annex building and you are VERY overlooked if you leave your curtains open!! My room was next to a store cupboard that staff seemed to raid and then slam about in several times until 10.30pm (Room 33) and you could hear the lift pinging when it arrived. Ask for a room on the front if possible! Very good room service meal delivered promptly after a long day and the Starbucks type outlet in the coffee lounge provided great drinks in the morning. The gym is very tired; I'm a keen exerciser but the equipment was poor apart from two new rowing machines and then a man came and hoovered around me at 7.00 p.m. whilst I was training. Not ideal! The bed was comfortable, plenty of pillows and a decent duvet. Lovely spot to wander along the river from and then up into town. This must be a plus of the hotel. Overall, I'd probably stay again as its generally a decent value hotel with good staff, but I'd ask for a front room and be away from cupboards!

Room Tip: Front rooms have best view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time and writing a review on the Palace Hotel.

I have noted your comments and these will be passed to each department to review.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.