“Great hotel.”

Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Great hotel.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Just back from an overnight stay at this lovely hotel.The trip was to celebrate my husbands birthday.When we entered our room we found a Happy Birthday message from the staff with two lovely cup cakes.A very nice touch which was much appreciated.We had a huge room with big bay windows overlooking the castle and the river ness.The view was stunning,particularly when lit up at night.We had a very comfortable super king size bed.Towels were soft and fluffy and bathroom spotless.The staff were friendly,efficient and nothing was too much trouble.How refreshing to see staff who obviously enjoy their jobs judging by their smiley faces.I have to give a special mention to James,the young man who so cheerfully served us in the bar/cafe.What a pleasant young man.We had a lovely meal in hotel restaurant which was very good.Breakfast was a lovely buffet with a huge choice.My husband used the pool and the sauna and said both very good.Unfortunately I had a cold and had to miss out but will certainly use them on our next visit.Cant wait to return.Thanks to management and staff for a great stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank louise b
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest

We simply must thank you for posting such a smashing review!

We're all delighted you enjoyed your stay and that your husband had a brilliant birthday.

I have passed your review onto the whole team and James is thrilled at his extra special mention!

Thanks again and I hope that if you are visiting Inverness in the future you will choose to book with us - we'd love to have you back!

Very kind regards, Della.

Operations Support Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

My 1st stay at this hotel & it certainly won't be the last.

City centre location & free car park.

My room looked onto the river & castle. The room itself was large, very clean, modern & well equipped.

All of the staff were very friendly & nothing was any trouble for any of them.

Nice bar & reasonable prices.

I used the sauna & steam room plus there is also a large pool & gym free for residents.

Breakfast choice was excellent.

Best hotel I've stayed in this year so far.

Stayed April 2014
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review.

It's fantastic to read such excellent comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I hope you are able to make a return visit very soon - we'd love to have you back!

Very kind regards and thanks, Della.

Wishaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This place is a dream. Staff amazing, food melts in your mouth and most of all the staff are brill. I was there on business and had not stayed there for about a year when I thought it could not get any better. Beautiful view overlooking the river and the castle. The tourist may find this strange but I was on business and received an urgent request on e-mail. I ordered room service. In this hotel there is no additional cost for room service. I also chose this hotel because I could leave my car and just walk over the bridge to where I was going, no parking fees.

First Time Ever.
This is the only hotel I have been in where they have photos of the meal at the elevators that do not do justice to the meal. I had their special in my room, which was a 12oz sirloin and looked more lik16oz. I could not finish it because there was lots of food.

Staff
Nothing seems to be a problem for them from check in to check out including mixing things from dfiferent items on the menu.

If you want to relax in quality on business after a hard days work then this is the place. I am taking my wife as this is also the place for me, the tourist

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sensational Guest!

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review.

We're all absolutely thrilled you were so impressed with the service and facilities we provide - we really could not wish for more!

Your very kind words about the team are a super boost for everyone.

I hope you are able to visit again for a leisurely break very soon - we'd love to have you back!

Very kind regards and thanks again, Della.

Cumbria
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed with the Great Rail group last week and had a great stay with yourselves. The staff from the front of house to the house keeping team were very obliging and polite- nothing was too much trouble for them,
Our room was in the annexe which was adequate and suitable for our needs, and overall very clean and airy.
The meals were very good although I was very disappointed with the breakfasts (warm to cold on all the mornings) I appreciate this can be diffiucult to monitor but I would have thought with such a busy breakfast this shouldnt have been an issue.
Having said that it certainly hasnt spoilt our thoughts on such a great place to stay

Room Tip: We were in room 308 in the annexe and never heard a thing, if its peace and quiet you need ask for a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks very much for posting your review!

We're thrilled that overall you enjoyed your stay and we're delighted at your fantastic comments, it's always such a boost!

I am very sorry that the breakfast wasn't as hot as it should've been and it is such a shame that this marred your stay. Be assured, we have looked into this.

I hope that you are able to return to us one day either with Greatrail or independantly.

Very kind regards, Della

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights for husbands birthday and our anniversary. Staff were welcoming and friendly with happy smiling faces! Nothing too much trouble. Room had super views over the river. Very spacious room and en-suite, both spotlessly clean, and very comfortable bed! Pool was amazing! Used it twice during our stay, water was lovely and staff were testing the water when we went down on our second morning. Breakfast was buffet choice, with plenty to suit all tastes. Thoroughly enjoyed my full Scottish! Hotel is very close to city centre, just a short walk across the bridge and loads of shops, bars and restaurants.! Would recommenmd this hotel to anyone. We will definately be back! Thanks again to all the staff!

Room Tip: We had room 21, overlooking the river.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TraceyMiltonPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Awesome Guest,

I have already printed and handed copies to all departments as the comments you have given will put an extra big smile on everyone's face.

From all the team here, thank you for taking the time to write the review and thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated.

Very kind regards, Della.

Huntly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Well I'm actually writing this review whist lounging on the bed at the hotel in rm 402.. Been to the hotel heaps and have honeymooned here!! This is the first time we have bought our daughter aged 12 & 14 and have adjoining rms which allows us peace from them!! We just had a lovely 3 course meal (included in the £170 room rate for two rooms) and as we couldn't manage dessert we asked for a cheese platter which would feed a small army!! This is the first time we haven't had a ness river view as we are at the bk of the building but it's affa Bonnie looking over the roof tops to the hills beyond!! Well done best western palace hotel in providing a lovely wee break!! Looking forward already to the next time!!

Stayed March 2014
TraceyMiltonPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks ever so much for posting your absolutely fantastic review!

We're all delighted you enjoyed staying in the hotel again and especially since you managed to review our interconnecting rooms - very handy with a family and the views over the hills are fantastic so thank you for mentioning this.

Can't wait to see you back again!

Thanks and very kind regards, Della.