“Pleasant stay”

Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Spent 4 nights as part of a package holiday. The hotel was attractive and in an ideal location. The room was clean and pleasant, even though at back of hotel. The amenities were first class, food very good. the staff were very helpful and pleasant. Would stay again if in area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We're all delighted you enjoyed your break away and that you had a pleasant stay.

It's great to receive such positive feedback and I have ensured all the department areas of the hotel have seen very complimentary review.

I hope that you will choose to book again should you be in Inverness in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location and very slick checkin,room average but servicable,doors strange design with just a latch and no handle consequently everytime the doors banged when you or other guests closed their door.Also had an hen party making a racket on saturday night mentioned to the Hotel but made no difference.Bar poor selection of cask ales,actually one that was being served before it was ready.On a very positive note a very good leisure facility and also the building is very attractive.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I am sorry we didn't meet all of your expectations however I am grateful to you for your feedback. Guest comments and views are invaluable to us and ensure we are able to improve the services we provide.

I am delighted you enjoyed the location we have and the leisure facilities.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more depth, please do feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have stayed here before and it was a real treat to return. We arrived early evening on a Friday left are keys to the Car at the leasure club the valet takes you Car and parks it up for you. Then we got to reception and got a very warm welcome, from that point on we knew we were going to have a nice relaxing weekend. We were on the third floor there is a lift or stairs this was a Superior room which we had booked and it was lovely, I had order flowers and a bottle of wine to be in the room on arrival and my Wife was not disappointed the staff had arranged the whole room perfectly. Sarah and the rest of the staff are so helpful well done The bathroom was lovely and modern and the room we stayed in overlooked the River Ness you could just sit there and watch the world go by. I went to the well equipped Gym and it was lovely and clean with good air conditioning for being next to the pool.The next day we went for a swim in the nice warm pool and jacuzzi then on to the steam room and sauna again excellent well kept and clean. The Breakfast is served until 10 am on weekends this is really good so you don't have to rush plenty of choice and the staff are very polite and friendly. My wife had a spa treatment and was very happy with the relaxing friendly staff. I will definitely be staying here again so central to the city centre but so very nice a peaceful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Ally M

Thanks ever so much for posting your thorough and very complimentary review!

We're all absolutely thrilled you decided to return and that you enjoyed yourselves so much!

Sarah is delighted at her special mention! I pass on all the comments we receive and it's a real boost when we have such positive feedback.

I hope you can make your return visit very soon - we'd love to have you back!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is normally out of our price range but I booked through a deal with my travel agent. Our room was fantastic. The view of the river and castle making it extra special. It was immaculately clean and very comfortable. We did not eat dinner in the hotel but the breakfast was very good, although my poached eggs were overcooked.

Room Tip: We had room 25.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TraceyMiltonPalace, Operations Support Manager at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest

Love your review! Thanks ever so much for posting it and we're thrilled you enjoyed your stay!

It's brilliant to receive such great comments and I have passed them onto all the team - including the chef about the poached eggs, I am sorry about that.

I hope you are able to return very soon - always great deals when you book direct!

We'd love to have back!

Thanks again and kind regards, Della.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

It's probably above average for a Best Western. I had a room which looks out of the rear of the hotel, so unfortunately I didn't get the view but it is walkable to anywhere in city centre. Breakfast was good, shower was average. Nice pool/gym facilities.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.

We're all very happy that you enjoyed your visit and that the location was an advantage for you - you are absolutely correct, we are within walking distance of everything Inverness City centre has to offer.

Guests taking the time to post their feedback means a lot to us so thank you again.

Kind regards, Della.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here on a recent business trip, it was an interesting arrival owing to a change in the road system but the lady in reception guided me in to dump my car in the small car park before handing over the keys for it to be properly parked up. The hotel is well situated on the river front which is lovely but I found some of the staff to be functional rather than helpful (except reception who were fantastic). The room was clean and well equipped, the wifi effective and the food was ok if uninspiring. Would certainly consider staying here on my next visit, if only as it has nothing bad about it rather than it being special.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your stay.

We always appreciate feedback from our guests and I'm delighted that overall you enjoyed your visit.

We're thrilled you would consider staying again and I hope you do so very soon!

With very kind regards and many thanks again, Della.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great room overlooking the river, very friendly staff. But we were disappointed by the food in the evening. The set dinner at £20 was not good. I had ordered fillet of mackerel, and what came was a reheated piece of smoked mackerel that you would buy at a supermarket with a big dollop of tomato paste. My mother ordered chicken and got a reheated slice of pre cooked chicken and a poor sauce. Next night we avoided the set menu and went 'a la carte' which was better - great fish and chips.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry we let you down with your dinner on the first night, I have made the Head Chef aware of your feedback as this is disappointing. The fish and chips are always a winner though!

It's great that overall you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we can welcome you again.

Thanks ever so much and kind regards, Della.