“Friendly Cafe”

Ranked #19 of 261 Restaurants in Inverness
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Had a breakfast here and it really was good with a great choice of items in any combination. The waitress was so friendly and chatty and even sat down next to some customers to take their orders.
Yes it may have that 'greasy spoon' feel when you enter but the excellent food and great service make it a good place to eat and preferable to some of the other pretentious overpriced gastro pub/restaurants.

2  Thank philglos
There are newer reviews for The Rendezvous Cafe

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My son and I had a lovely lunch recently while visiting Scotland on a group tour. We did not feel like joining the rest of the group on their Hop On-Hop Off bus, but rather preferred a walking tour near our hotel. What a gem we found in the Rendezvous! Zac had a roast beef sandwich and I had carrot basil soup with a roll and hot tea. Simple fare, but excellent taste and the service was impeccable. Only sorry we could not go back for the breakfast everyone raves about. The owner/chef was very personable and gave us brochures which featured a complimentary beverage to anyone who brought one back. We gave one to our driver to share with his company and left the rest in the hotel.

1  Thank Beachbabe32136
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Place is cosy. Fast service and open kitchen. I like that. Full Scottish breakfast on a good level. Honest postion size. Good value. Freindly staff.

1  Thank straider88
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is one of my favourites for lunch in Inverness. I like the simplistic feel of the cafe it isnt trying to be something its not. The staff are so friendly here and the lunch is great value. My favourite is the goats cheese honey and onion panini delicious, an unusual combination but its great! Although the cafe is small there always seems to be a seat available in the corner or something.

3  Thank AnneN37
Reviewed 25 April 2014

After a few days of very average B&B breakfasts I decided to try this place on the strength of its Trip Advisor recommendations... and I wasn't disappointed.

The cafe itself is on a very unassuming backstreet corner and looks on first sight like a greasy spoon. And this is essentially what it is... but the food was excellent!

I ordered the full 10 item Scottish breakfast with delights such as haggis, lorne sausage, black pudding and tattie scones, all locally sourced (apart from the Lincolnshire sausage, according to the chef!) - very nicely cooked, not over-greasy at all, and left me wanting nothing more to eat for the rest of the day.

The staff are very friendly and extremely keen to chat, and it's great to find a place that locals clearly come and enjoy on a daily basis.

All in all, a warm welcome and the best breakfast I've had for a long time. Highly recommended!

3  Thank FoodMonsterBen