Corran Guest House
  • Bar/Lounge
Redcliffe Hotel(Inverness)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
All reviewsjohn and carolineb bbreakfast was deliciouswonderful hostsshared bathroomguest housefresh berriesquiet streettwo nightssingle roomrestaurants and pubsin easy walking distanceminute walkother guestswonderful stayevery morningwarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had a really nice and sweet room with my friend. We had the two-bed private room with an independent bathroom. It was so cute! Both of us were amazed at the room when we opened the door. John and Caroline are so nice and helpful. We felt that we were at home. Really nice atmosphere and traditional English breakfast! I really enjoy delicious food and the dinning atmosphere in the living room. What's more, the location is good. There is a Tesco nearby and it is just 10 minutes walk to the River Ness. The neighborhood is quiet and safe.

Room Tip: Try the two beds private room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

John and Caroline have created a welcoming, friendly environment at this charming B&B in Inverness. Corran Guest House is located in a nice neighborhood just a quick walk away from the train and bus stations and the city center. The rooms are comfortable and cozy, and it's difficult to beat the breakfast, but what truly tops the cake is just how great the hosts are. I'm an adult female who was traveling alone in a new-to-me country; John and Caroline went out of their way to make me feel comfortable: introducing me to their other guests, giving great suggestions on things to do and sights to see, and helping me figure out the next step of my journey.

I know where I'll stay when I return to Inverness.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you very much for a positive review. We try to assist our single travellers as much as possible and to make them comfortable and relaxed. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

John & Caroline are affable proprietors of this house. Located on a quiet street just 5-10 minutes walk from the River Ness, the river walk, the castle and associated restaurants. Long time residents of the area, they are quite helpful with suggestions for meals and travel excursions. Caroline prepares a wonderful breakfast and each request is met with a genuine desire to fulfill it.
We used are two en suite rooms, and a small single room with a shared bath.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Soon as you step into this small & cozy B&B you feel like you are back home. Specially the warm and friendly owners of this B&B make it every penny's worth. We were 3 adults & 1 child and stayed in 2 rooms. Every corner of this B&B is done exquisitely with great taste. Even the living room felt so warm that we didn't feel like going to our rooms. The couple who runs the place are extremely hard working and made sure we were extremely comfortable. We even wanted to extend our stay but unfortunately could not due to travel plans. Location is also perfect. Extremely highly recommended.

Room Tip: The room on level one are much better cause of less noise. The family room is just worth every penny. The small room facing the road is great for 1 person but is a bit noisy even at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I don't think what ever I write here could ever explane how good the Corran is a real home away from home.
John & Caroline are a lovely couple and make a lovely breakfast the rooms are clean and are kept to a real high standard they have a good knowledge about the local area and know of all the best places to go.

I will never book anywhere from now on when I'm in inverness and only ever book the Corran that over the last six days is the place I have called home.

• Stayed: August 2013