“Excellent stay”

Ranked #11 of 229 Inverness B&B and Inns
Mellor, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Really friendly couple run this place who could not do enough for you. The rooms were really nice with a really comfy bed and great breakfast. 5 minutes walk into town centre Would definitely book again if ever in Inverness.

• Stayed June 2014
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for the positive review. It would be nice to see the 4 of you back again. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Best wishes John & Caroline

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great value for the money, definitely the best place I stayed while travelling through Scotland (great breakfast, rooms and shared bathroom very clean, accomodation just a short walk from the city centre) - nothing to complain about!
Thank you John and Caroline for making me feel very welcome, I really enjoyed staying in Inverness!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you Yvonne for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Best wishes
John & Caroline
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hosts John and Caroline were very friendly and helpful. The single room I stayed in was lovely and quiet as well as spotless. The shared bathroom was spacious and clean with all the amenities you could ask for. The price was very reasonable, especially for this time of year when Inverness has many tourists. I was working at Eden Court Theatre and the B&B was a short walk away as is the main part of the town. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and yes we are very close to Eden Court which made it easier for yourself. We look forward to a return visit.
Best wishes John & Caroline
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Perfectly located guest house just a few minutes walk from town and some of the local attractions. The solo room I had was very comfortable and clean as was the shared bathroom and shower.

John and Caroline are extremely welcoming and helpful, allowing me an early check in for a small cost then taking the time to show me the best routes around the city for where I needed to go. If I'm ever back in the area I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and can defintely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Alex T
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. They are very much appreciated. We hope you enjoyed your short stay and visit us again in the future.
Colorado
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here two nights. Soooo lovely! John and Caroline are the perfect couple to make you feel very welcome. I am a very picky person and I can't think of anything I would change or improve. Caroline even gave us a larger room when my husband bumped his head in the smaller bath. The breakfast was really good, and the hosts told us so many sights to see and do on our all-too-short stay in Inverness. If you want to stay in Inverness stay here. Just be sure you leave a vacancy for us when we return!

Room Tip: First floor room has private bath but not attached to room. Not a problem at all.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. They are appreciated and we are delighted you both enjoyed your stay with us. It was good for Dan to get the other room! Best wishes John & Caroline
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a lovely stay for two nights. The location is really good, walking distance to town (and supermarket), also good (free) parking possibilities, just outside the house.
The room was clean and welcoming with everything you can wish for. And the very good hosts is full off tips and suggestions about the area.
I'm sure the hard working hosts John and Caroline wants their guest to have nothing else than a perfect stay. Which we had!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the weather was not too bad; not as hot as Malmo but ok. Best wishes John & Caroline.
Lidlington
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the immaculately presented Corran Guest House to be greeted by the owner and shown to my single room (without bathroom) on the first floor. Complete with comfy chair, hot drinks tray , sink, towels and bathrobe and beautifully clean it was far, far better than I had been expecting for the price paid. The shared bathroom was shared with only one other room and was immediately adjacent so much like being in a nice home really. The owner recommended the Castle Tavern for a nightcap, a good 10 minutes walk over the bridge and, unsurprisingly, next to the castle; a great establishment with a good selection of ales and an open terrace that proved to be a most relaxing and civilised place to spend some time. Back to the Corran for a really good night's sleep then down to a n excellent, and comprehensive breakfast. All in all, the best recommendation that I can give is that this will be my first port of call on my next visit to Inverness; I could find no fault whatsoever.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Andrew S
Corran9, Owner at Corran Guest House, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you Andy for such kind comments about our Guest House. It is very much appreciated and we are glad you enjoyed the Castle Tavern!
Best wishes John & Caroline.