“Fantastic place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Birchwood Guest House
Ranked #117 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Our stay at Birchwood was fantastic. We stayed for about 4 months and it truly was the most amazing experience we had away from home. Jean and Donnie both have fantastic personalities and are so friendly which makes for a relaxing and inviting atmosphere.
Jean and Donnie really make you feel welcome and provide lots of little extras that make the stay a superb experience. The rooms are always warm and comfortable and have that 'home' vibe.
They have a great knowledge of local attractions and are more than willing to offer ideas of things to do. The room and dining area was always impeccably clean and both Jean and Donnie go out of their way to ensure your stay is the best it could possibly be.
We couldn't speak more highly of Jean and Donnie and their hospitality and Birchwood is definitely a place I would recommend anyone visiting Inverness to stay. It's a place that is perfect for any visitor from families to singles and we'll definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Birchwood Guest House

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed for one night at the Birchwood Guest House. The accommodation was clean and very comfortable and Jean made me feel most welcome. The breakfast was excellent and Jean was a delight, genuinely interested in conversing with her guests.
She was most accommodating to my specific needs regarding 'filling in time' before a a particular appointment.
This guest house has a lovely ambiance and I would recommend it highly.

Chris

Room Tip: Jean will allocate you a room best suited to your needs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Birchwood Guesthouse is such a pleasant place to stay! I was travelling on my own and Jean and Donny made me feel very welcome and at home during my stay. They go above and beyond to ensure that you have the very best experience not only in the accommodation but Inverness as well. It has a great atmosphere and is always neat, tidy, and clean. The rooms are very comfortable and warm and there are great views from the front of the house. Jean and Donny are very attentive hosts and go out of their way to provide you with whatever you need. It is a great place to socialise but loads of privacy as well. It felt like a home away from home! It was my favourite place to stay in Inverness!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I lived there for 2 months. Donny and Jean are simply unbelievable. Extremely friendly, helpful and all in all good fun ! The accommodations were flawless, extremely clean and comfy ! The attention given to small detail was simply amazing. Based on the attentiveness of the (amazing) hosts, the lovely room with a very comfy bed, the cleanliness, the way It makes you feel just at home when you are far, far away from It and the friendly environment I feel that giving a maximum score It is not enough. Definitely a place to return to.

Room Tip: (there is no fitness centre nor swimming pool, and this thing does not allow me to change that) GO...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My partner and I stayed with Jean and Donny for half a week and it was wonderful. They were extremely helpful with the area and things to do and were also very respectful of giving us space. The rooms were fantastic, the bed is to die for, you will be asleep in moments and in our room we had a great big bath which was lovely! Would definitely recommend staying here and we will look forward to re-visiting this warm and friendly home. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My family had a very enjoyable few days at Birchwood Guest House at the end of August. We booked the family room with the ensuite bathroom and our 11 year old loved the bunk bed! Jean and Donny made us feel very welcome and even surprised my husband on his special birthday with a cake at breakfast! With its family atmosphere, nothing was too much trouble. It was an ideal base for our Runrig concert as well as some very enjoyable sightseeing and activity days in the highlands. Thank you for making our trip so memorable. We highly recommend this accommodation. We hope to return again one day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2012

From start to finish a great place to stay, friendly, lovely room, extremely comfy bed ! delicious breakfast, will definately stay again when next in Inverness. Thank-You for a pleasant stay and putting up with all the Runrig revellers

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family