“Pleasant stay”

and 1 more site!
MacDonald House
Ranked #186 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I had a great tour of Scotland with my parents, and stayed in this Guest house as a base for daily travels to other destinations. Well kept and very near to Railway station and eating joints and market, its near to the river Ness too. You are lucky if you get a room facing Ness. The bath rooms are kept meticulously clean. The breakfast is also good.

Room Tip: The ones facing river
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank romit_verma
Fiona B, Owner at MacDonald House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hi
Well it looks as if you had a great stay with me.We would love to see you again in the future,if you ever come back to our neck of the woulds.Thank You once again for your kind review.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Located just along the River Ness, it is very convenient to walk to the main markets along and across the river. You can walk to the railway station. Stroll on the river is a beatiful and unforgettable experience. Fiona and her teams take great care of this beautiful property. Neat rooms and bathrooms, good breakfast all add to its value.

Room Tip: The ones facing the river (we didnt get one)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DGLION
Fiona B, Manager at MacDonald House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hi
We all enjoyed having you stay with us. Your review is very warm and welcoming.Thank you,and we hope to see you again, in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights with family as our tour operators Scottish Tours couldnt get us accomodation in a hotel due to some festival.It was not a bad option. This bed and breakfast is very conveniently located along the river Ness. We couldnot get a room facing the river. The best part is the immaculately clean bathrooms, though bedroom looks a bit old. You are served a good breakfast with love. The main market, railway station are all walking distance .

Room Tip: The one facing river.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jayv1504

Hi
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed you stay with me.If you ever come back to stay with me be sure and ask for a River View Room. These rooms go quickly so try and book early.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Due to work commitment for the past 2 years I have stayed at this B&B every Tuesday & Wednesday and have enjoyed every stay. Very friendly and great service from lovely Fiona, who cannot do enough to make your stay welcoming.The rooms(I have stayed in a few) are spacious and clean and are all equipped with all the amenities. Great location and I know where I'll be booking into if I am Inverness again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Anna C
Fiona B, Owner at MacDonald House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear Guest
I can not say that any more. For over the years you have stayed with me you have become a very good friend to me & my family,that we will all miss. I know we will always keep in touch you have touched my whole family's heart and will always be welcome any time. Love Fiona

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and we really enjoyed it. We had a great spacious family room, good size bathroom with bath (which my son loved!), good breakfast, friendly people, great view of the river all at a walking distance from the centre of Inverness. Fiona even dried our clothes!!!!! A huge thank you for everything:)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Fiona B, Owner at MacDonald House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your feedback following a recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a family run business and make every effort to look after our guests and it is encouraging to receive such positive comments. We are very lucky with our great views and central location for exploring the city and I do hope you have the chance to visit the highlands and stay with us again. With warm regards, Fiona.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have just stayed for 4 weeks and have enjoyed every minute Fiona cannot do enough to help. This is a warm friendly family atmosphere and the food was fantastic and plenty.
Room was a good size and bathroom was very spacious. The room was clean and well maintained.
The hotel is in a great location next to the river and cathedral and only couple of minutes from the town with lots of bars and restaurants to choose from.
I’m not sure how people can comment on any smells the only thing I encountered was the smell of a delicious full English/Scottish breakfast in the morning.
Would recommend to anyone
Thanks Fiona.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is a B&B, not a hotel, and the 4 stars are thus for B&B standards.
The location is great, right by the river and a 2-minutes walk to the town centre.
The place is a bit outdated and there is a stench of cigarette smoke (probably from the last century). The bathroom was very basic and we had problems getting any hot water.
Breakfast ok but not more.
We paid only £70 for a double room which was very reasonable.

Staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple