“Disappointing stay”
Review of Crown Court Hotel

Crown Court Hotel
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 6 October 2011

After really looking forward to a short break away I must say we were a bit disappointed with our accomodation. Hotel was lovely downstairs, nice restaurant, plenty parking and friendly helpful staff. However our room wasn't very nice, avoid room 4. I'm sure the other rooms must be nicer since it has a 4 star rating.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jillian T

Reviewed 25 September 2011

We were booked into this hotel as part of a wedding party. From the moment we arrived until we left all members of staff were friendly, attentive and helpful. The party was in the venue and the staff ensured we were all catered for. Bar prices were very competitive and the ballroom was spacious.

We had two rooms for our family. From this I can guess that the rooms are being upgraded. One room was fresh and modern, the other wasn't as contemporary but this room still had everything you would need. Rooms were clean and tidy, with kettle, hairdryer and Freeview (which in my experience often is not tuned correctly).

The dining room is elegant and contemporary, designed and furnished to high standard. It is obvious that the new owner is improving the aesthetics of the place and making the Hotel more attractive for patrons (we never experienced any of the negative aspects other reviewers have stated) and I'm sure the Hotel will look great.

I would recommend this place to anyone wishing to stay in Inverness.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is the second time I have stayed here and the difference is staggering. The new owner has made some really good improvements. The bedroom was clean and well equiped with free wifi. The food is really good well cooked and tasty. My breakfast was great the staff treated me and my partner really well. I would highly recommend this place.
value for money and close to town.

Room Tip: room 8 really good cracking en-suite
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jenna-Taylor
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Lovely hotel to stay in. Staff very friendly and helpful and quite handy for the town centre

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Im from Invernessand had never had a reason to stay here, so when the chance to show my husband around inverness we decided to stay in the Crown Court, The hotel its self is really nice and the Staff are very nice and chatty which i like, Unfortunatley we were put in the worst room possible! Room 8 the bed is so lumpy we had abnout 2 hours asleep it was awful, The room was slightly over crowded by the furniture with a room that size it would have been better a little less cluttered, The worst thing for us was the MASSIVE mound of mould in the bathroom it was everywhere and a serious issue. We told the ladie the next day and aparently no one had ever mentioned it which i found hard to believe! On a good note the Breakfast is AWESOME! and the lady in serving was really nice, Im sure other rooms in the hotel are nice so give it a chance as for us the only issue was the bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luganolp
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I used to live in Inverness & was returning for a short 3 day stay to catch up with friends, as I used to live just around the corner I never had any reason to stay in the Crown Court before but was very glad that we did on this occasion. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a friendly, pleasant young lady that checked us in & directed us to our rooms after explaining the facilities & dining times in the restaurant. On arriving at our room we were very pleased as the room & bathroom were immaculately clean. The bathroom was great with a well pressured shower & large bath, heated towel rail & plush white towels. The bed was very big & well made with four big soft pillows (& 2 spare in the wardrobe!) There was also an iron & ironing board in the room which isn't something that you usually get these days in most hotels. The tv was set up on the wall but was perfect for watching from the bed & even had a dvd player that we could use. Breakfast was amazing with a great selection of cereals, fruit, pastries etc & a menu for the hot breakfast on the tables that included a good selection. The cooked breakfasts were very good & freshly done.
We really enjoyed our stay here & would definately return in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CintyM
Reviewed 10 February 2011

I'm one of the down and out's that happens to visit the Crown Court for a good pint now and again.
It's unfortunate that people still continue to judge others based on appearance.
Do you know what it mean's to be a down and out?
If I was a down and out, and I had the means, I'd take you to court for your comments.
Indeed it is situated on a busy road but that's hardly a reason not to stay in the place. It's Inverness where rush hour and congestion last for mere minutes and not hours.
Perhaps you should have got into the spirit of the place and had you tried you would have met some of the nicest people ever. Genuine and down to earth with no heirs and graces whatsoever.
To sum up - who checks for dust on the top of the wardrobe? I would also suggest you spell/grammar check. I might appear to be a down and out but I can spell and punctuate correctly.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo