“Great place to shoot”

Cawdor Clay Pigeon Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Clay pigeon shooting with sporting, skeet, down the line and compass sporting - see website for full details. September to April: open Saturdays (10:00 start) May to August: open Mondays (18:30 start)
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great place to shoot”
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

Recently returned to Scotland and have shot here a couple of times now, thoroughly recommend, very friendly and enjoyable place to shoot!

4 Thank Graeme C

scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cawdor Clay Pigeon Shooting - Highly Recommended!!”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Thats the second time I've been to the Cawdor Clay Pigeon Club and I'd highly recommend it to everyone - young, old, male and female!

First time I was with a group from work - 3 men & 3 women. None of us had shot much before, if at all, but the club members made us feel very welcome. They were more than happy to walk each of us through the basics and we tried all the different traps. Some harder than others!

The second time I went with a couple of mates, one had done some shooting in the past and the other has been a member of otherclay pigeon clubs. Both were really impressed and keen to go back.

It is quick to pick up and once you hit a few clays it gets quite addictive. As others say, the club members are great, particularly Craig, Ross and Ray. Whether you're a total novice or an acomplished shooter I'd recommend it. Its also a good thing to do at any time of the year.

I'll be going back!

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Highlands2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Clay pigeon shooting Christmas break 2012”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My brother-in-law and I had a great time this morning at this super friendly shooting club. The shooting range in located on the Cawdor estate, just around the corner from where my parents live, and the surrounding area is just beautiful. Ross and Craig Thompson, the father and son duo , whom took us around the 5 different traps(correct terminology??) were really helpful, funny and friendly. We each got to shoot 50 clays, and it was an amazing price at only £20.00 each. Being the only female on the range, I was made to feel really welcome. We were leant guns, ear plugs and protective glasses and the hour and a half we spent there was a great stress relief to dealing with lots of family, children, and the seven dogs we had over Christmas! Def. worthwhile.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Ilenka J
Tain, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“great experience!!!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I got invited to try this out so went to give it a shot, met craig who is very handy with the gun showed me the ropes and off i went great night i had will def go back and would reccomend it to anyone!!!

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Neil M
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sporting action in the Scottish countryside”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

If you are staying on or near the Cawdor Estate, this is a brilliant activity to do. Craig and Ray were lovely, and great fun. They give me tips on how to shoot, then I had a go and hit a good few clays. Its a really well set up range with options for all abilities, and in a goregous wodded area.
If you have a few hours and have had your fill of the lovely walks in the area, or are simply keen to have a go at shooting clays, this is definately worth while.

Visited December 2011