Craigmonie Hotel & Leisure Ltd.
US$226
US$292
US$284
Hotels.com
US$181
Holiday Inn Express Inverness(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$175
The Waterside Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$265
  • Restaurant
US$130
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$127
PremierInn.com
All reviewspool and saunaleisure facilitiesbuffet stylefriendly hotelgood sizebit datedcity centresuperior roombusiness tripshort staylovely breakfastpleasant stayexcellent staycar parkone night staycooked breakfastsingle room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2008

Relatively easy to find. Set back from the road and in a relatively quiet part of Inverness. Well priced, especially if you can get a discount. The staff are very friendly and generally couldn't have been more helpful. The evening meal in the Conservatory restaurant was just superb and well priced too. The bedrooms and ensuites have been recently refurbished and the decor is very pleasant/to a high standard. The only drawback to all this is the fact that (as some other reviewers have commented) some (or maybe all?) of the bedroom walls appear relatively thin so if you do get quite loudly spoken people next door then I guess that you can either start speaking loudly yourselves to make them aware of the situation or, as we did at an early stage, go to the helpful reception desk and ask if you can be moved. We were immediately offered a more isolated room and subsequently enjoyed a peaceful night's rest. However, that of course depends on how full the hotel is. N.B. The leisure facilities are still closed but, if interested, you'll need to check the hotel website for any updates on this.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2008

I was booked to stay here for work, so that was fine as i was not paying !!!! The hotel is up a hill above the city of Inverness and a good 10 to 15 min walk up and down ( good for the heart). The check in went smoothly and the hotel had a nice old fashioned feel to it, lots of wood and heavy draps etc. I got to my room, and was not overly impressed. Lumpy walls covered in what looked like hastily put up paper, shoddy furniture and a marked carpet. The bathroom faired better, with a modern suite and lovely white bath towels. I had dinner in the hotel in the evening and it was very nice and the waiting staff were attentive and polite. The fun started as i went back to my room and got ready for bed. I could hear every word my neighbours were saying while on the phone to their friend, then this was followed by toilet noises and then snoring. There was no sound proofing whatsoever !!! I was woken again by my other neighbour coming back from a night out and laughing to himself about something (very weird). Breakfast was a standard event, cereals, full cooked etc. Overall, not a good sleep, and a shoddy room, but staff and the dinner made up for it. Would not book this hotel if i was paying.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2008

First time I've traveled abroad. The tours were wonderful but the accomodations left a lot to be desired. I stayed at two hotels over the eight days and was disappointed with both! We stayed three nights at what we called the "Craigmonie Sleep Deprivation Center". Firstly it was STINKY. Secondly it was warm without air conditioning. Had to keep window open at all times which meant we had to kill flying insects every night before going to bed because there was no Window Screen! Thirdly, privacy non-existent. Every time the neighbour yawned, I yawned. The neighbour snored all night. And just as we were nodding off to sleep we were rudely awakened by flatulence (not ours!!!). Lastly, a restaurant in the hotel is a great asset except the menu was too fancy for regular bloke to eat from. Oh yeah, I didn't know there was a pool till I got back home and read the website. Maybe I'm too picky and I should just enjoy the comforts of home!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2008

Got sent here when the nearby Heathmount screwed up our reservation. Stayed only one night. Free parking, good staff, good breakfast. Room fairly drab, queen sized bed was two twins pulled together. Not bad, but nothing to praise, either.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2007

this hotel was vasty substandard. We had origionaly intended to stay at the Columba hotel as it had been a nice experience previously, but was convinced to try this one due to the pool and better customer rating. A BIG mistake.
In general the hotel is shabby, badly worn carpets and drapes (who knows how many years old), which didn;t even match the faded, torn wallpaper found through the building. And the smell was of musty cigerettes (dispite the smoking ban)
The pool was small but the plybord fittings of the surrounding balconies did not lend any luxury. Nor did the "out of order" steamroom.
Our room overlooked a roof which was littered with cigerttes and beer cans. The carpet which covered the room (including the bathroom and up the side of the bathtub!) was ingrained with visable dust, and the grout in the bathroom sported a health culture of mold. Soap and was I assume was shower gel was dispensed in public bathroom style dispensors mounted on the walls.
The only nice thing i can say is that the staff were nice and the food was pretty decent.
But I have stayed in many hotels half the price but double the quality!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family